Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Perth Interdominion 2015

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Lets hope some sanity prevails with the future programming of the Interdom, NZ'ers ain't the only ones going on about how close your carnival and the Interdom is run, It's bloody ridiculous having both these carnivals so close together, At the end of the day you want to attract the very best horses but it's impossible under the current format, It's about time that HRA, NZ and all the Australian states have a pow wow and try to get the all over programming right.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With virtually no moves, only a few enthusiasts found the final exciting so apart from addressing the timetabling let's also think about going for the longer distance.

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...ominates-final

This article tries to pretend that Avonnova's move was mid race - they are that desperate to try and spice up the facts

Run over 2936m - I don't think the death horse can refuse to hand up if pressure is applied = more moves and more exciting racing
    Avonnova's 4th was almost the equal of Lenny's
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Would the death have been there for Beautide, Christen Me, Smolda, Adore Me, I'm Victorious, David Hercules, Terror to Love, Arden Rooney, Guaranteed? Would Lenny have actually pressured more for the lead with a couple of them in it. That may be more the issue rather than distance I feel Kev.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 12-16-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    For a while I thought I was watching a repeat of the 2004 Ross North Inter Dominion Championship won by Jofess. Jofess who drew the coveted pole barrier was able to hold out the challengers in the short run to the first turn, and kicked up and retained the lead – a scenario that set up the victory over The Falcon Strike, Sokyola and Mister D G.

Sokyola who had an awkward second line draw was trapped three wide (but stayed there unlike Avonnova) as The Falcon Strike adopted its usual tactics of racing forward to lead the outside division (just like Lenny did).

The difference was that Lenny was in a weaker 2015 field than that of 2004, and was able to out-sprint the pole sitter to the winning post.

Junior Member Weanling Lenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Martin Riseley
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
    For a while I thought I was watching a repeat of the 2004 Ross North Inter Dominion Championship won by Jofess. Jofess who drew the coveted pole barrier was able to hold out the challengers in the short run to the first turn, and kicked up and retained the lead – a scenario that set up the victory over The Falcon Strike, Sokyola and Mister D G.

Sokyola who had an awkward second line draw was trapped three wide (but stayed there unlike Avonnova) as The Falcon Strike adopted its usual tactics of racing forward to lead the outside division (just like Lenny did).

The difference was that Lenny was in a weaker 2015 field than that of 2004, and was able to out-sprint the pole sitter to the winning post.

While just missing I'mthemightyquins track record by a tenth from the chair....you can only beat what's there.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    While just missing I'mthemightyquins track record by a tenth from the chair....you can only beat what's there.
    +1

+ Reply to Thread