Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Interdominion 2015

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Still disappointing to see a few negative comments about the series.

Traditional format, very competitive racing and building up to a great final day with an excellent supporting card.

A few of the superstars missing but only because they have had issues leading up to the series.

$1.3m final, the richest pacing race in the world, and still some try to tear it down, very hard to please.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Croatto View Post
    Hi Smoken

I'm the opposite with regards to the series; I'm feeling it and loving it, but I made a point of watching and reading as much as possible as this is my preferred style for the Inter Dominion. Having said that I can understand your point because whilst Gloucester Park, in my opinion, are doing an outstanding job running and promoting it, on the eastern side of the country it really requires our media sources, both general and harness, to pick it up and run with it. I haven't seen much of that at all, just an occasional mention here and there. Add to that the commonly held view that West Australian horses are somehow not up to the east, the fact that Beautide, Arden Rooney and Christen Me are missing, and you can see why there isn't as much of a buzz over here. I've sat down and watched all the heats and last night's racing was outstanding. LTS and Philadelphia Man had their chances but they were not able to do the job on the night and I think that goes to support my view that the quality of West Australian horses is equal to any in Australasia. I'm not a fan of afternoon harness racing but nonetheless I can't wait for Sunday week. It will be an outstanding final :-)

Regards

Mark
    That pretty much sums it up in what I was meaning Mark. I personally think that Gloucester Park is the best looking track in Australia. The scenery is numero uno! It would be great if they showcase the greatest harness race in the year more than what they are doing at the moment. It's the Melbourne Cup equivalent in the harness world. Harness deserves some of the glory of yesteryear. Maybe I am just too critical/picky, but I still hold to my opinion.

I personally can't see Devendra winning the final, unless the fancied runners are seriously used up at the start or have horrid runs. If Devendra draws the front, he better not do what he did at Bunbury... If he does, game over for Devendra. The draw will determine who is favourite and who is not. Critical!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Chariots View Post
    Still disappointing to see a few negative comments about the series.

Traditional format, very competitive racing and building up to a great final day with an excellent supporting card.

A few of the superstars missing but only because they have had issues leading up to the series.

$1.3m final, the richest pacing race in the world, and still some try to tear it down, very hard to please.
    I think the negatives are really only based on the scheduling (almost a clash with NZ) and the time difference (some - probably unfairly, make it out to be the equivalent of being in another country)

My only real reservation Ray, is what if you getting a stinking hot day next weekend
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    That pretty much sums it up in what I was meaning Mark. I personally think that Gloucester Park is the best looking track in Australia. The scenery is numero uno! It would be great if they showcase the greatest harness race in the year more than what they are doing at the moment. It's the Melbourne Cup equivalent in the harness world. Harness deserves some of the glory of yesteryear. Maybe I am just too critical/picky, but I still hold to my opinion.

I personally can't see Devendra winning the final, unless the fancied runners are seriously used up at the start or have horrid runs. If Devendra draws the front, he better not do what he did at Bunbury... If he does, game over for Devendra. The draw will determine who is favourite and who is not. Critical!
    Totally agree with the showcasing issue. As we come up to both the Spring and Autumn carnivals, Sky Radio is constantly playing intro's to the feature races. It seems there is an ad every 10 or 15 minutes, and backed up by the obligatory sentimental musical score the ads really do a great job in promoting the gallops carnivals. We really need that sort of support as well.

Cheers

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I think the negatives are really only based on the scheduling (almost a clash with NZ) and the time difference (some - probably unfairly, make it out to be the equivalent of being in another country)

My only real reservation Ray, is what if you getting a stinking hot day next weekend

This far out for what it's worth, the forecast at this stage is for 34, mostly sunny with a bit of cloud about.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You guys are probably used to that Robert, a bit of cloud and some breeze to go with the 34 would be bearable. Forecast here for Stawell tomorrow is 37 and I am umming and ahhing
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Croatto View Post
    Totally agree with the showcasing issue. As we come up to both the Spring and Autumn carnivals, Sky Radio is constantly playing intro's to the feature races. It seems there is an ad every 10 or 15 minutes, and backed up by the obligatory sentimental musical score the ads really do a great job in promoting the gallops carnivals. We really need that sort of support as well.

Cheers
    Well said Mark! Btw, I don't think many people doubt the quality of the WA horses, it's there adaptation to GP track that some think favours them compared to the Eastern state horses. If only David Hercules was in the series.. Always had high regards of DH, from when he ran that great race behind Smoken Up @ Melton years ago. Sad that he retired.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    I was a little sceptical of this years series before it started because I thought it was going to be boring but I remembered how much I enjoyed the 2012 series so I have stayed up to tune in to watch all the heats and im glad I did. Just to go back to the traditional format I believe has worked and it is such a level series it makes you want to tune in especially because every participant is having a go no one is lying down and conceding defeat. I have to say I like the final night of heats pbd on points it gave every horse a chance. The sport definitely needs to be showcased and I hope the series remains in this format into the future because in my opinion the last couple have been very boring and that's taking nothing away from Beautide hes a super horse. The final hasn't run yet and in my opinion the heats of this series have already surpassed the last two Inter finals.

Barrier draw is going to be so vital for the final.

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    1. Lovers Delight
    2. Waylade
    3. Lennytheshatk
    4. Philadelphia Man
    5. Our Blackbird
    6. Libertybelle Midfrew's
    7. Avonnova
    8. Devendra
    9. My Hard Copy
    10. Flaming Flutter - 2nd line

Hard to see the winner coming outside 1-4.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 12-07-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Read somewhere that the Bunbury crowd was a bit disappointing, If that was the case, Pinjarra might be an option for a round of heats next year.

+ Reply to Thread