Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Interdominion 2015

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Hi Ray, what is the news on twitter about the poor performance of the Irish horse?
    Not a peep about the Irish horse on Twitter Kev. It's funny, I'm in WA for the week ... the "International" spin surrounding the series before Northam disappeared very quickly. As for Twitter, 60% self adoration, 30% fluff and 10% useful information.

As for Bunbury, ignore the spin, it was surely a massive disappointment. I was at Gloucester Park on Friday and drove down to Bunbury on Tuesday. Chalk and cheese. It was a poor turnout to say the least. What did they expect kicking off the meeting @ 4.50pm, the first ID heat before 6pm and the first 5 races run in daylight. I watched the races on the infield screen. The glare for at least the first four races was terrible.

Harness Racing is half the product it is from a spectators perspective in daylight. This infatuation with running feature meetings during the day, in heat, is beyond me.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Not a peep about the Irish horse on Twitter Kev. It's funny, I'm in WA for the week ... the "International" spin surrounding the series before Northam disappeared very quickly. As for Twitter, 60% self adoration, 30% fluff and 10% useful information.

As for Bunbury, ignore the spin, it was surely a massive disappointment. I was at Gloucester Park on Friday and drove down to Bunbury on Tuesday. Chalk and cheese. It was a poor turnout to say the least. What did they expect kicking off the meeting @ 4.50pm, the first ID heat before 6pm and the first 5 races run in daylight. I watched the races on the infield screen. The glare for at least the first four races was terrible.

Harness Racing is half the product it is from a spectators perspective in daylight. This infatuation with running feature meetings during the day, in heat, is beyond me.
    Early start so from a betting point of view races are not run so late that Eastern states are not in bed, because most of NZ followers would be! Another great reason for running such a series in WA, yay!
    Great to see Lenny and Phil kicking butt, Irish horse most ridiculous decision, who thought he would be good enough to compete, let alone be competitive?

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Just for you Harold.

http://www.perthinterdominion.com.au...-video-centre/

If you can't find some useful information there you are hard to please.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That is definitely a good source of news Ray but I must say I had missed it.
    I know I am stupid but I have been clicking on the picture icon for Latest News and thinking that Latest Video was race day stuff
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How wrong was I, I cannot believe that Chris Alford gave Lenny that hard a run
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    How wrong was I, I cannot believe that Chris Alford gave Lenny that hard a run
    Maybe he thinks he needed it Kev? Or maybe he was over confident.. You could tell for Lenny to win that race, Chris had to stoke him up earlier than what he did. He wasn't chasing no slouch.. LD has ran some big races in the series so far.. Without sounding like a sour sport, I'm not feeling this years inter much at all..

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Good girl, she finally got a draw, unfortunately too little, too late.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Maybe he thinks he needed it Kev? Or maybe he was over confident.. You could tell for Lenny to win that race, Chris had to stoke him up earlier than what he did. He wasn't chasing no slouch.. LD has ran some big races in the series so far.. Without sounding like a sour sport, I'm not feeling this years inter much at all..
    Maybe he did think he needs it - compared to the winner who has been racing for 10 months.
    I think the coverage is VVG - Adam and Gareth are working well together
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Was Philadelphia Man disappointing or what.. He had the perfect run into it, & still couldn't gather in the leaders. Well done to LibertyBell Midfrew. I don't understand how Major Crocker was the favourite in that race.. That's another 'what the' moment..
    Well done to the mighty mare Frith in the Norms Daughter Classic. A few hard luck stories in that race!
    Last edited by Smoken; 12-05-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Devendra's rise is somewhat unbelievable
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread