Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Interdominion 2015

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Final acceptances

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...Inter-Dominion

I am underwhelmed but that may just be me
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Underwhelmed is an understatement Kevin, a lot of horses haven't raced well this year ,just my observation

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker

Perth - NZ and the Irish.

I've returned to Oz just in time for Perth. I'm flying over on Thursday for a couple of weeks. The series has fallen away a little with scratchings and the Kiwi's are too precious. They've become so accustomed to NSW and VIC virtually gifting them entry into our big races that the thought of earning it just isn't palatable.

I don't know whether WA chipped in to get the Irish horse here, I assume so ? A lot of the advertising is around the series being "International". Firstly, connections have been sold a wrist watch if they're on the hook. The form in Ireland was OK, I think the ID qualifier was the first win in a while so he's not exactly Jarvsofaks.

How does an Interdominion horse go around in a CO @ Northam get beaten 50m and not have to trial ? The Twitter page which was in overdrive leading up to the race is mute and I notice on the Perth ID page there's a number of queries from peeps asking about the horse without any reply. They also bypassed a C2 @ Gloucester Park on Monday and a race @ Narrogin where it was suggested he'd go around to prove his "readiness" for series.

I'm a big fan of WA racing but they've gone to ground and speaking of which, I watched the Brennan Memorial last night. There were a couple in that mildly supported to beat Frith who were driven dead with a view to the next week. I didn't have any skin in it but when you go to the races such instances should be dealt with by Stewards. What about the punters ?

I'm still looking forward to the series : )

Geez my Old Fav Smokey The Bandit is on the outside looking in. Freyberg a bit stiff not to be in there also.

Big advantage to have a horse in a leading barn.

Classic American, Crusader Banner and Northview Punter ahead of the two mentioned above is a joke.

I'll take that further, sure rank them earlier on but as you get closer to the big dance, current form has to be taken into consideration. I can see a dozen horses at least that should be ranked below Bandit, Frey and Norvic.

As a consequence we have out of form horses in leading barns going around that offer naught to the series other than keep a few in form horses on the pine.

Great to see it back in the proper format but they need to adjust.
    Last edited by teecee; 11-21-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    G'day Bob, Enjoy the trip over west mate, Totally agree with most that you have mentioned but I think you might have been a little harsh on the Kiwi's, No doubt that Christian Me would have been there and mighty hard to beat if he wasn't injured but the problem I see is the programming once again as the Interdom is to be run right on the back of the NZ Trotting Cup carnival so this certainly rules out a lot of their good and up and coming horses, The programming is a problem across the board and surely HRA could sit down or have an annual pow wow about this and try to bring some sanity into things, Everbody wants to see the best horses compete against each other and this can only be achieved by correct programming. The Rankings have become a bit of a farce as you've mentioned and your 100% right, Put the Rankings up earlier and current form must come into it or there's a fairly good chance that out of form horses will get through and a horse like Freyburg who ran a good race again last night gets left out on a limb, The owners of this horse would be very happy with his current winning form but would be very disillusioned with the Interdom format.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 11-23-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    Agree, some of the ones sitting in the emergency list should be above a few of the other runners. Smokey and the bucket list I thought would have made it. Couple of the Eastern staters went around on Friday night in between races for a look at the track including Mach beauty who went 1.53. Think he will like GP and when he leads will be hard to beat, hopefully will get to heats 2 & 3 and the final. Looking forward to it.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    L. Panella suspended last night at Menangle in race 3, she got 11 days. This could mean the first 2 heats.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    L. Panella suspended last night at Menangle in race 3, she got 11 days. This could mean the first 2 heats.
    Great News, We can do without her driving tactics on a track like GP.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Great News, We can do without her driving tactics on a track like GP.
    +1

Member Gelding Sofoulis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Sofoulis
    Occupation
    Pen pusher
    Horses
    Yayas Hot Spot, Eh Ef El, Summertime Liz

Back only a few weeks after being horribly injured in a race fall and already more than 10 winners in NSW and countless placings... Inters isn't just for the best horses, but the best drivers as well... Disappointing she won't be in the first few heats, but looking forward to her lighting up GP later in the series.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    But it is hard to forgive her for Im Victorious not being there Adam
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread