Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Interdominion 2015

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Devendra
    Here's a member of a family that is quite prolific.
    All descended from Pentlands Image a daughter of a good Melbourne Showgrounds winner for Phonse Hickey....Pentland Lass (by Meadow Vance)

Pentlands Image 1976 (F N10 ) by Tarport Bret - [4]
    Draw Card 1989 (F N10 ) by Whats Next - [7]
    Bettor Draw 2007 (F N10) by Bettors Delight - 1:51.9 $201,818
    Faithful Sally 2002 (F N10) by Village Jasper - 1:59.6 $48,779 [1]
    Faithful Gabby 2010 (F N10) by American Ideal - 1:59.3 $81,634
    Guenevereslancelot 2003 (F N10 ) by Our Sir Vancelot - 1:59.9 $72,021
    King Carey 1997 (G N10 ) by Walton Hanover - 1:57.1 $178,937
    Kings A Coach 2004 (M N10 ) by Village Jasper - 1:59.2 $60,604
    Public Persecution 2000 (F N10 ) by Safely Kept - 2:02.7 $63,659 [1]
    Fawzia 2011 (F N10) by Sportswriter - 2:00.9 $55,966
    Queen Carey 1999 (F N10 ) by Walton Hanover - 1:56.3 $165,227 [2]
    Benediction 2007 (F N10) by Bettors Delight - 1:57.8 $157,780
    Devendra 2009 (M N10) by Bettors Delight - 1:52.0 $204,593

Frozen Credit 1980 (G N10 ) by North Pole - 2:02.5 $14,449

Law Court 1991 (G N10 ) by Whats Next - 2:00.0 $20,295

Sorell Hanover 1982 (G N10 ) by Tyros Hanover - 2:04.6 $32,193

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Outstanding opening night of ID racing at the 'ribbon of light' - Gloucester Park. Even foxtel said that this is the pinnacle of harness racing and Perth stages the event so well. Super fast racing on a superb track with all the best horses apart from Christen Me and Arden Rooney participating. You had to be there to experience it. Once again Harness Racing W.A.sets a very high bar for lesser lights to aspire to.
    Yes Rod..spot on!!!, I took the long drive up to watch the first set of heats plus the good 4yo race and the mares...outstanding night.Huge crowd to boot made it the place to be for any harness fans.Looking forward to Tuesday at Bunbury as well.Nothing but positive's in my humble opinion.I would want my horse to be a part of the richest harness race in the world if he was good enough!!!!..I think the best is yet to come...

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Totally agree with everything that Rod and Big K have mentioned, Even though Christen Me, Beautide and Arden Rooney aren't competing, It was a great nights racing and congrats to Harness Racing WA for putting on a great show, All the winners went well and Lenny went exceptional, As a friend mentioned earlier in the night, It really looks like Lenny is the one to beat in the series, I think with the 3 horses mentioned earlier missing, The series is more even and still very interesting, The next round at Bunbury will be intriguing with P Man not drawing real well in his heat and hopefully he can continue on with his form from Friday nights heat.

Junior Member Weanling Lenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Martin Riseley
    It was surprising to discover that the third round of heats will be preferential barrier draw based on points. Seems strange to change the format from the first two heats?

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    I believe that decision was made to even up the heats for competitive racing and maximise turnover.

I am keeping an open mind on how it will play out.

Could be inviting those with enough points to have a soft run on the final night rather than be full bore for victory.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Chariots View Post
    I believe that decision was made to even up the heats for competitive racing and maximise turnover.

I am keeping an open mind on how it will play out.

Could be inviting those with enough points to have a soft run on the final night rather than be full bore for victory.
    Ray, IMO it is certain to and if anything they needed a reverse preferential draw to get them to go for it. An alternative may have been to scale the prizemoney to have the last round of heats worth twice the other rounds
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Martin Riseley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Ray, IMO it is certain to and if anything they needed a reverse preferential draw to get them to go for it. An alternative may have been to scale the prizemoney to have the last round of heats worth twice the other rounds
    My preference would be to leave it random and let the contest be a truly free for all contest.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Lenny looks as though he has a big chance at being crowned this years ID Champ. PhilyMan was great as well, as was Avonnova. Looking forward to the rest of the heats on Tuesday.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    My preference would be to leave it random and let the contest be a truly free for all contest.
    It may be the best Martin but thinking about some people's incredibly bad runs with draws (discussed in another thread) I wonder whether we could not have a computer program than ensures that everyone gets an even shake - with 10 starters in each heat the 'average' draw of any runner should be 5½ so after 3 rounds the computer program should be able to see to it that the sum of the draws of all runners should add up to 16-17
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Martin Riseley

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It may be the best Martin but thinking about some people's incredibly bad runs with draws (discussed in another thread) I wonder whether we could not have a computer program than ensures that everyone gets an even shake - with 10 starters in each heat the 'average' draw of any runner should be 5½ so after 3 rounds the computer program should be able to see to it that the sum of the draws of all runners should add up to 16-17
    That's seems like a fair outcomebut after talking to people today the PBD for the last heat is driven by lack of betting turnover of 3rd heats run under the historical format so I don't believe any changes will be made going forward.

+ Reply to Thread