Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Winter!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    With this line up if they go hard an exceptional time will be insights I can see Lanercost sitting out side Blacky going a front half in 54 and some and being sitting ducks from behind
    When has Lanercost ever gone hard in age company from in front; let alone in open company from the death? Yeah Blacky isn't suited by dawdling...but 54 really. I think you are getting a wee bit too excited nat

nat
    Hi breno

He has been hard off the front gate to get the lead most of his career he's now 4 and has to step it up and he is a capable horse to go hard over the sprint I feel he would get lost on the way home if back in the pack against battle harden horses it Albion Park not Menangle (remember his run at Menangle 25th Feb this year barrier 10 & 25 first quarter)

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Yeahh 54 keep dreaming. Lanercost is scratched anyway, obviously didnt pull up too well after last week. Washakie will have a dip for the lead but theres two problems, Blackie comes out faster and John dont get them off the gate as good as Luke. Blackie too lead, 57 .. maybe low 58 first half, run them home in 56 and give nothing a chance, go around 1.54 and another trophy for the champ. I'd probably advise anyone that is in or around the area to get out and have a look, might be the last time we get to see him win at Albion Park, never know what will happen with the draw next week.

I still think if Lanercost was in the race he would have had a little look for the lead but not taken them on like he did last week because he wouldnt have been the best horse in the race this week, his best shot would have been to sit there quietly and out zip them home, his young legs got a bit more zip in them than some of them old timers. 54 first half taking on Blacks A Fake? Than you would have an excuse to cut Darrels nuts off. Never would have happened.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Hi breno

He has been hard off the front gate to get the lead most of his career he's now 4 and has to step it up and he is a capable horse to go hard over the sprint I feel he would get lost on the way home if back in the pack against battle harden horses it Albion Park not Menangle (remember his run at Menangle 25th Feb this year barrier 10 & 25 first quarter)
    Yes at Menangle and what was the 2nd quarter? 31.4. Add to that montana says they want to drive him quieter in this very thread (which Mr Joe Blow should know anyway)and if they run under 55 the first half I will write a cheque out for a grand to your good self!

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    i rekon washakie will cross blackie, first half in around 59 flat (28.5, 30.5)

Junior Member Foal ramish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    hi Montana congrats on your success with the Courages out of the ready to run sale and Lanercost is a beauty.I thought before the race last week the 3 class horses would run 123 as they did and that the 4th horse is a good mare who will never beat the big boys and the rest were out of their depth.I thought Darrel set the race up for the other 2 by making it a staying test which suited their strengths more than his .I think the first 3 will all measure up to open class but will all need the right runs.I was looking forward to watching Lanercost tomorrow night.I hope he has no serious problem and that he and CTR can represent Courage with honour in the Winter cup next week

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Montana

Just wondering why Lanercost is scratched.

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    lanny pulled up pretty well from the run last week bouncing around the paddock the next day , but was a little off his game later in the week so we had a blood done and it would seem he has a minor viral complaint , while it isnt anything major we are always are very conservative and would prefer not to make a small problem worse by racing him. there are plenty of horses down with colds atm and racing them just buggers them up.

its a shame i was really looking forward to racing in open company this week he would have been at his peak fitness wise and had a great draw but we will get our chance. the plan at this stage is to still head towards the breeders crown.

aussiebreno
    Carn Blacky

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Open your dictionary and look up the word "legend". There you will see a photo of Blackie , a true Australian legend.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-u...FAKE-420x0.jpg

+ Reply to Thread