Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Winter!

Junior Member Foal ramish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Thought I would crawl out from under my rock and ask a few tongue in cheek questions.Would CTR have beaten Lightning Raider if their runs were reversed?Would Lanercost have won if McCarthy or Bennett drove him instead of the one dimensional Graham?Is Lanercost a one trick pony who is unbeatable when he leads and isnt attacked like in the Chariots,Vic Derby heat and 4yo championship but is beaten in every big race where he couldnt lead without pressure like Breeders Crown heat and final,Vic Derby and 4&5 yo Championship?CTR beat him in all 4 of those races and finished behind him in Derby heat and 4yo championship so am I still wrong in thinking CTR is a better stayer than Lanercost and remember I said better stayer not better horse?

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    no.. lanercost is the best 4 yr old in the country

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    no.. lanercost is the best 4 yr old in the country
    Absolutely.

Junior Member Weanling Bucky will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Britt Graham
    For Lanercost to win on Saturday he would of had to be an absolute freak of nature, i think his run was SUPERB!

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by ramish View Post
    Thought I would crawl out from under my rock and ask a few tongue in cheek questions.Would CTR have beaten Lightning Raider if their runs were reversed?Would Lanercost have won if McCarthy or Bennett drove him instead of the one dimensional Graham?Is Lanercost a one trick pony who is unbeatable when he leads and isnt attacked like in the Chariots,Vic Derby heat and 4yo championship but is beaten in every big race where he couldnt lead without pressure like Breeders Crown heat and final,Vic Derby and 4&5 yo Championship?CTR beat him in all 4 of those races and finished behind him in Derby heat and 4yo championship so am I still wrong in thinking CTR is a better stayer than Lanercost and remember I said better stayer not better horse?

There was nothing wrong with Darrels drive on the horse he was a complete victim of circumstances. The lead time in the race was 36.9 and they hardly ever break 37 in fact i think they have once on a saturday night since the 2010 winter carnival , so when they did back off for about 100 meters Darrel went up straight away to sit outside the leader. i and many others would have thought the deathseat horse would have handed up ( even with the 'stablemate' factor ) especially after a lead time like that , then when he tried to get in Darrel was pretty much committed and even then who would have thought the horse in the death would still be getting reigned up when lanercost was a length in front trying to cross. Nothing wrong with Darrels drive just the circumstances didnt turn out as one would have expected in most races.

As far as Lanercost and pressure go i think he did pretty well to hang on for third in that race.

We have always preferred to race him up near the lead against his own age and it has worked pretty well - i would say his record is a fair indication that strategy has had merit . we know we are going to have to drive him with a sit in open company.

I will have to disagree with you ramish.

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    The underlying factor is ... Lanercost beat Torque In Motion home. To me that says that he went very very well. I can half understand Kylie wanting to hold a forward spot, the horse always races like that and she probably didnt know they were going that fast but Ashlee Sjeika was deadset on drugs, she was kidding! At least than if she handed up Lanercost would of got the death fairly easy and I dare say won. As for Ramish's comments .. theres always what if's in racing. What if Washakie didnt break gear last week and beat Blacks A Fake we'd all be sitting here saying RETIRE HIM! In the end the drive won McCarthy the race, he drove the race like he was driving at Menangle, so so patient. Courage To Rule went really really well and I think as he hits open company he will need races run like that for him to be in the finish as will 90% of horses. There is probably nothing between Lightning Raider and Courage To Rule just the better run won the race. Lanercost is the best horse in that race hands down, any other horse has that run they would be beaten 40m at least. I for one could not have been gunning for Torque In Motion more heading the carnival however I now conceed Lanercost is the better horse at this stage (Torque In Motion only in 2nd prep).

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Karloo Mick to put in a big showing in the sprint if Lanercost sit's i think he is in with a big chance of running a hole i think the drive the other night on him was okay he believed he had the best horse in the race and drove him accordingly their is no good coming off the track and wondering what if
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Colt smithy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    i cant see why lanercost wouldnt come out hard at the start winston? fastest horse out of the gate and he needs to try and get across before washakie, also a flyer puts the foot down and i would think washakie would be holding the front with lanercost sitting on his back

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    Cody banks didnt have hopple shorterners last saturday night where as the starts before he did so they are going to put them back for this week.

I am sure Lanercost will have a look for the lead on Saturday whether he gets it or not remains to be seen in any event he can race well outside the leader or with a sit.
    Good for you! Blackie has great gatespeed but gee your bloke is breathtaking out! What a tactical race this will be, especially at the start. It's going to be exciting dash to the first turn that's for sure! Good luck

nat
    With this line up if they go hard an exceptional time will be insights I can see Lanercost sitting out side Blacky going a front half in 54 and some and being sitting ducks from behind

+ Reply to Thread