+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Im pretty certain Carabella is not coming to QLD, but irrespective of that Baby Bling is heading up. We cant just give the race to Dean!

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    She must be better than Oscar !!

This might be a seperate point; but the 3yo fillies in NSW are pretty ordinary imo.
    I think you are way off. In fact, i think it is an unbelievably strong crop racing there - Vertigal, Bainfield Washington, Baby Bling, Jennas Highview. If not for injury, Sheezallattitude would be included as well.

In any other year, any of those could be multiple Oaks winners by the end of the season

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

I'd have to say it's not an ordinary group, i'd say we have 5-6 good fillies who are pretty even on ability and anyone of them with the right draw can win a nice race. I think over the years there's been 1-2 fillies standout above the rest which is not the case at the present time. Which i see as a good thing for racing and just not a one sided affair.

aussiebreno
    Mightymo; are you taking the urine? The top NSW fillies get beat up by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Lombo. Vertigal and Bainfeld Washington both finished behind them in the Vic and NSW Oaks. Baby Bling hasnt done anything :s, or anything 10 Victorian fillies haven't done. As for Jennas Highview...she got beat at Wagga in a 32 final quarter...now Wagga mightnt compare to Meadowlands or Menangle; but it aint quicksand either.
    As for Sheezallattitude; I think the APG Heat cleared up who is better out of her and Aussie Made. The NSW Oaks had only 5 NSW runners in it; hardly a strong crop.
    The only thing I can think of is you are looking at the times and forgetting they race at Menangle; and not Harold Park

Name your fillies Mango? Vertigal and Bainfeld Washington are top 2 imo; if those two are in the same race its hard to see something else winning (Although the Raith Memorial proves me wrong there but then I go back to the Wagga 32 final quarter race). It isnt a bad crop; the Breeders Challenge will be an ok race but it doesnt compare to most years Vicbred in terms of class. If I wanted to watch a nice even race where everyone has a chance I'd go on Mario Karts 150CC or to Coolamon Trials. If I want to see the best 3yo fillies; I go to Melton!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

I'm comparing 3yr old fillies between themselves in n.s.w if you read my post, i didn't compare them to horses from other states. So in saying that there are no standouts for me and the fillies that Mightymo said are even on ability.

aussiebreno
    Yes Mango, my first paragraph is aimed at Mightymo calling it an unbeleivably strong crop. My 2nd paragraph is about strictly NSW; I dont think they are much good at all. Arterial Way isnt much good and at the moment I see her making the final based on a win and third in the heats. The second part of my post was just me saying I'd rather the top horses dominate than 2nd rate horses put up a good show and a competitive race (which is just personal preference as I can see where you are coming from).

Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Mightymo; are you taking the urine? The top NSW fillies get beat up by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Lombo. Vertigal and Bainfeld Washington both finished behind them in the Vic and NSW Oaks. Baby Bling hasnt done anything :s, or anything 10 Victorian fillies haven't done. As for Jennas Highview...she got beat at Wagga in a 32 final quarter...now Wagga mightnt compare to Meadowlands or Menangle; but it aint quicksand either.
    As for Sheezallattitude; I think the APG Heat cleared up who is better out of her and Aussie Made. The NSW Oaks had only 5 NSW runners in it; hardly a strong crop.
    The only thing I can think of is you are looking at the times and forgetting they race at Menangle; and not Harold Park

Name your fillies Mango? Vertigal and Bainfeld Washington are top 2 imo; if those two are in the same race its hard to see something else winning (Although the Raith Memorial proves me wrong there but then I go back to the Wagga 32 final quarter race). It isnt a bad crop; the Breeders Challenge will be an ok race but it doesnt compare to most years Vicbred in terms of class. If I wanted to watch a nice even race where everyone has a chance I'd go on Mario Karts 150CC or to Coolamon Trials. If I want to see the best 3yo fillies; I go to Melton!
    what is your definition of NSW fillies - I agree that the NSW breeders Challenge fillies outside of Vertigal are very weak this year.

However, there are many other fillies based in NSW and I really do believe that in Rainbow Dasher(who i previously forgot)Bainfield Washington, Baby Bling and Jennas Highview are every bit as good now as 3yo's as Aussie made etc

Carabella in NZ and Courageous Annie in Aust are definitely the yardsticks for now

We will find out over the next few weeks....

aussiebreno
    NSW Breeders, and NSW based; they need as much they can get.
    Vertigal and Bainfield Washington are the best two; and they both got told who's boss by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Annie. Rainbow Dasher and Jennas Highview go good and deserve spots in Oaks type races but aren't 'unbelieavable strong' highlighted by them not being able to win in a 32 final quarter at Wagga. Baby Bling has done nothing thousands of other 3yo fillies havent done in the last 10 years :s. Its just plain jane ordinary crop.

triplev123
    As for Jennas Highview...she got beat at Wagga in a 32 final quarter...now Wagga mightnt compare to Meadowlands or Menangle; but it aint quicksand either.
    G'day Breno,

You might want to go back and watch the replay of that one. Pay particular attention to the drive of one A.G. Bucca aboard Rainbow Dasher. Also, the Kingston Town moment in the call from around the 400m where the bloke on the microphone notes the 1st three and then declares that "no one else can win..." and the eventual winner comes from 4 lengths off them and 6th. Love the early Crow.

triplev123
    NSW Breeders, and NSW based; they need as much they can get.
    Vertigal and Bainfield Washington are the best two; and they both got told who's boss by Aussie Made Lombo and Courageous Annie. Rainbow Dasher and Jennas Highview go good and deserve spots in Oaks type races but aren't 'unbelieavable strong' highlighted by them not being able to win in a 32 final quarter at Wagga. Baby Bling has done nothing thousands of other 3yo fillies havent done in the last 10 years :s. Its just plain jane ordinary crop.
    I look at the current 3yo fillies crop from the National come across the Tasman perspective and IMO it is VERY strong. State by State wise, maybe not so much. On a related note, the yet to be tested on the National stage but nonetheless aspiring killer is that wicked fast Yankee Sensation 2yo filly in WA, Sensational Gabby. She's got really effortless high speed and looks like a monster 5 for 5, 1:56 & a piece and 30k+ but it's pretty hard to get a line on the overall quality of her opposition.

+ Reply to Thread