Junior Member Foal Buns will become famous soon enough Buns's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kane Buddle
    Occupation
    Sales
    Horses
    Frosty Glenmar,Tollamba King

Bris Winter Carnival

Its my local carnival and with some serious prize money on offer it looks to have attracted quality horses. No Beautide,he's gone for a spell so Smolda looks like being the headline act in the open sprints but locals Majestic Mach,Avonnova and Bettor Draw will make their presence felt. Purdon has a strong team for the 3yo features,Flight For Glory and Linda Lovelace in the Oaks and Hug The Wind in the Derby. Shane Tritton lines up Miss Riviera Belle in the Oaks and Artistic Flight in the Derby.The Gath stable is bringing Burnaholeinmypocket for the Derby and the in form Mister Mundaka. One horse I'm looking forward to watch in the flesh is Bendigo track record holder Oh Jonny B Good. Im keen to know who else may be heading north so Cheers for any input.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You are making it sound tempting Kane. Do you get any sunshine up there?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Buns will become famous soon enough Buns's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kane Buddle
    Occupation
    Sales
    Horses
    Frosty Glenmar,Tollamba King
    Cheers for the link Kevin,I missed that one. Sunshine galore in Brissy today and I bet those NZ and Vic/Nsw horses already here would've thoroughly enjoyed the sun on their backs. The Carnival is hotting up and I received some news that Horsham track record holder,Emma Stewart trained Philadelphia Man will be attending. He performed admirably last prep after a long injury enforced layoff and I feel we may see something special this Carnival and leading into Perth's Inter Dom. High class NZ 5yo Saveapatrol is also a carnival starter. He ran 3rd in the 2014 Auckland Cup behind Terror To Love and Adore Me and was given a 15 month spell by design to fully mature. Definitely one to watch. Star Nsw pacer Iam Mr Brightside is also coming and targeting the 4yo races.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    Should be a cracking day In Brissy tommorrow...a super meeting at Marburg during the day & then Albion Park's big night...cant wait

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Daniel Rowell would be kicking himself that he could not steer a better line in the C&G Breeders Final, not only did it cost him the big stakemoney and Gp2 win but if you believe Sky, it sounded like it ruined a good plunge. Daniel was certainly playing his cards close to his chest when interviewed pre race

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ld#APC20061506
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    That leader got in first Kev. As soon as the Sprint Lane opened up it definitely got into the lane if only for a shade. The leader won via the Sprint Lane the start previously. Very surprised there wasn't a protest and I had no skin in it.

Shane Graham led to the lane in 3 earlier races, huge difference those 3 races to this one. No doubt Roarn got up the track a shade but he could of been underneath earlier for it not to matter.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was half expecting a protest too as it would not have taken much shifting from the winner to see a protest upheld but can only guess that there must have been none
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I'm not sure of the rules but I have this vague though that if the lead horse shifts into the sprint lane and impedes a horse it's a DQ ?

It should of been the Stewards looking into it not Daniel Rowell but it's Keystone Cops up there.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    I'm not sure of the rules but I have this vague though that if the lead horse shifts into the sprint lane and impedes a horse it's a DQ ?

It should of been the Stewards looking into it not Daniel Rowell but it's Keystone Cops up there.
    Surely the stewards would have had a look at the head on video before giving the all clear, I didn't see the race live and it appeared that the 1st and 2nd horses wheels were locked before and after the finishing post.

+ Reply to Thread