Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NSW v VIC

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

NSW v VIC

I do not think it is fair on the PR men to continue the Miracle Mile clash discussion in the PR thread so I thought this thread title may be useful for this topic and possibly others.
    Here is a link that sounds ominous
    http://www.farmonline.com.au/news/me...e/2735010.aspx
    The NSW Harness Racing Club is standing strong about the new date of February 28 for the Miracle Mile, despite pressure from Harness Racing Victoria.
    (Thanks Rich)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Your welcome Kev, Hopefully sanity prevails with this scenario, I'm not going to criticise either Party and everybody wants to see the best horses competing against each other and splitting them up in 2 different states over 2 different carnivals would be a disaster, Turnover and Spectator wise.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sanity prevailed thanks to the Vics

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...Glory-calendar
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Rob Nalder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Conrod Straight, Titanium Driver, About
    Messenger,

Just to make it a bit clearer for you to fully understand.

NSW MM Race dates have never changed. Vic changed agreed dates to suit them.

When NSWHRC Agreed to WA Taking Interdom for the Next 3 years NSWHRC asked & received agreement on our MM Carnival Race dates over the Next Three (3) years being fully protected / locked in.

What is now finally agreed upon is what was always locked in and agreed to with HRNSW / NSWHRC/ HRV / HRA at WA being awarded Interdom.

So to say it was finally sanity due to Vic's is not the case.

All the Best,

Rob Nalder

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Hardly think it was NSWHRC that had the authority to agree to WA being awarded the Inters for the next three years Rob.

Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Chariots,

If that is the wrong way to say it, I do apologise, By NSWHRC in not tendering for Interdom would look at Building our own MM Carnival bigger & better. But in doing so would ask all States to agree on M/M Race dates being protected, just as WA asked us to also agree on there required dates being protected, so as not to clash. The dates placed on record & agreed too, then sanctioned by HRA.

What I was trying to say was everyone, each state sat down & had agreement on the schedule & protection of each others dates. Vic then changed, from memory both WA & NZ also changed but only by a week.

In the end we did not have a window that allowed the Best Horses to compete in M/M.

All NSWHRC ever asked for was that dates placed on record & agreed to would stand!

Hope this is a bit clearer, as not trying to stand over any one.

All the Best,

Rob Nalder

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Well clarified Rob.

Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Chariots,

Thanks for understanding what I tried to explain. Another great misunderstanding I should have also explained, is that NSW did not lose the Interdom, NSWHRC & HRNSW Decided "NOT TO TENDER" On continuing with the Interdom format.

Having said that we all hope and trust it Works for WA, I for one will be over in WA watching it unfold. But for a heap of reasons it just did not workout as we all hoped it would in NSW. I don't wish to get into a debate on why it failed. The long and short of it is that it did not get supported by rank & file - Punters included.

I know some will say the format was not that of a true Interdom, but if you looked at it as both HRNSW & NSWHRC Did you would all agree it had to change as it was just not returning to the Industry what it was taking out.

I just really hope WA has a winner & it works over in the West, I can see the Eastern States all getting a big rub of it once it gets underway.

All the Best,

Rob Nalder

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just to clarify for me Rob - you are saying Vic agreed to specific dates for the MM carnival then chose to ignore them?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Yes, 100% Correct. NSW has only ever asked for what was agreed to & ratified by HRA to stand.

Nothing more nothing less.

What HRV did was change what was agreed by all parties into something that they felt suited them better.

In the wash up if we accepted same, our Carnival built around MM would suffer greatly. As we felt Horses / Trainers / Drivers could not attempt to compete in such a format as HRV had proposed.

As such we tried through several attempts to change there thinking and agree to what was agreed to in the schedule of each States Race Dates.

Finally it was left to NSWHRC to take a stand that fully supported original dates.

Now we have a schedule that both HRV & NSWHRC can work around. Don't get me wrong it still makes it hard for the Best of the Best to turn up and compete in all the majors, but at least it can work, history will show us how well it all runs.

Hope that outlines it all.

All the Best,

Rob Nalder

+ Reply to Thread