Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW grading....becoming a joke

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    I would welcome comments on this interview.
    Answers some questions on priority
    http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au...tvvideos/21157

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    I have not made a comment for some time on this topic but I feel another stupid grading has been made next Saturday night at Menangle.
    Race 3 a heat of the M1 to M2 with conditions.
    There on the new 2nd row sits Monifieth a M9
    A quick look at his last 9 starts show 8 Group 3 starts for 3 wins and a 2nd plus a Listed Classic start. Total prizemoney for the 9 starts $ 60,800.
    Amanda Rando on this weeks Menangle Mail reads

"The best for Amanda is Monifieth in race three. Despite his seventh-placed effort last week, the seven-year-old gelding still ran a decent time and is extremely well graded for this challenge"

aussiebreno
    Shes a Jackson yesterday at Wagga race 2. C3 up against C0s and C1s. Odds on and won comfortably. Top effort from the handicappers there.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    G'day Brenno, I just can't get my head around this Handicapping system, The only real value would be in the Exotic's and I'm sure that the Betting agencies wouldn't be real happy with a Handicapping certainty like Shes a Jackson being a C3 up against the CO's and C1's, Really surprised that she didn't start shorter.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    That's her grade. A mare with a claimer is a c1. Nothing outrageous there. She was drawn 9. Anything that increases racing opportunities for mares must be maintained.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Thanks for that Grant, I should have had a closer look, Didn't realise she had a claimer on board and drawing 9 is tough, When you look at the all over picture it's a pretty good option for mares and I'm all for giving racemares increased opportunity's.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Well the Interdominion nominated Monifieth now a M10 won a heat of the M1-M2 last night with a leg in the air....What a surprise.
    I understand the talk in the stables was all about how he got a start in the first place. Apparently other trainers wanted to put their horses in the race once they saw him in but
    were told no chance, even though some were only M3.
    I'm told one trainer said he is losing owners for new horses because of this grading system, they are looking at Queensland and Victoria to race.
    Another made a comment that the 3 horses that got a start with grades above the M1-M2, being Monifieth, Machtavish and Ideal Scott all from the McCarthy clan...interesting.

Real Name
    bailey martin
    It's nice to see this weeks Metro Meeting having races with horses racing within their grades.
    Except for the carry over from last weeks fiasco with Monifieth M10 racing in a M1-M2 final.

But a closer look might tell the story of what this grading system is doing to the sport in NSW.

Saturday night's races for pacers include a final, 2 MO races, 2 MO-M1 mares races a C3-C5 race and an Open pace
    The final and the C3-C5 have 12 and 11 starters the rest only fields of 10, even though the new policy is 12 horse fields.

2 things stand out. 1) Advertised M0 and M0-M1 mares plus the C3-C5 races were well supported. 2) Where are the M2 plus horses.

I think the answer to 2 is that these horses have been scared off due to the presumption they will be used to make up races against the true FFA pacers.

The handicappers have created this with their "conditions" they add AFTER nominations to make up fields.

Please go back to the Victorian model.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trying to catch up here Bailey - so an M2 was advertised but not filled (or isn't that how your system works anymore) - Correct?
    I am not sure we have many M2 only races down here (it is a bit of an inbetween class isn't it)
    I notice there are six M2 horses going around on Friday night - how many more would there be that wanted a race
    I do agree that the Vic model is much more preferable to owners and their new preferential racing may be a better way to even out races
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Trying to catch up here Bailey - so an M2 was advertised but not filled (or isn't that how your system works anymore) - Correct?
    I am not sure we have many M2 only races down here (it is a bit of an inbetween class isn't it)
    I notice there are six M2 horses going around on Friday night - how many more would there be that wanted a race
    I do agree that the Vic model is much more preferable to owners and their new preferential racing may be a better way to even out races
    Kev,

To understand the Owners and trainers frustration here is the advertised race(s) for M2 or better for 3rd October.

PCM03101503 MS PACE (GROUP 3) $30,600 M2 Or Better. ,
    DIVIDED CONDITIONS The HRNSW Handicapping Panel will frame race conditions and select race fields from the nominations received. Please note: Division 1 prizemoney will be $30000 , Division 2 will be $20000.Division 3 will be $12000.

+ Reply to Thread