Thread: NSW grading....becoming a joke

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    A good example for this thread are the young nsw fields for friday.
    From memory the program available to trainers was, the place of origin final (riverina horses who qualified at wagga and central west horses who qualified at bathurst only 2 heats conducted), a 3yo race, a C0 and that brilliant blight to trainers the C1 or better where the handicappers make your races up.
    Now there were 20 available C1 horses in the nominations so instead of having 2x C1 events giving all 20 C1 horses a run in their own grade they split this into 3 races, a C1 mares with 8 in it, a not won more that $1300 in last 4 no better than C1 with 10 in it and then in all their wisdom they decided to make a C2 which have not won more than $4000 last 4, C3 which have not won more than $1500 last 4, oh and to make the field up also eligible C1.
    Now here is where the joke becomes evident that those 2x C1 horses Somart and Artegra were being used to make a field up, neither horse has won a race in over 10 starts, whereas many of the C2s and C3s they are asked to race against have won multiple races in their last 10 , so why should they be made race out of class?
    Well our horse somart had been unlucky enough to earn $1650 in place money his last 4 and artegra $2250 in his last 4, but to add insult to injury these horses were not even afforded the luxury of a pbd/c they got an rbd with C3's to draw inside them.
    We pulled our horse out before acceptances but if you dont see the noms when they come out your stuck in a race that your horse is outclassed in and if scratching are forced to take a minimum 7 days (another farcical rule that I wont get into).

Yes we have been on the other end of this with another horse hurrysound finding himself down in grade a few times not that it ever suits him stuck on back row draws and the leaders walking.

Oh and dont speak out about it because your horses will draw as far out as they can possibly be put, but seeing as though our horses very rarely see a suitable draw I guess writing this cant see them draw out any further than they already do.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    can anyone add up our johny jet $12,600 in the last 4 starts..........it states $4000..........what am i missing ?

Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    Also eligible C1 which with the concession claim gifts the horse into the race

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Monique's comments highlights the problem the NSW trainers/owners now face with this "Professional Handicappers" panel.
    Their main aim is to increase field sizes. The addition of C1 runners to that field was purely that.
    Where is the consideration for the Owners cost in placing a horse out of class. In Monique's case her horse,in her opinion, was totally outclassed in that field and she would cover her costs by the $120 starters return for unplaced runners if it remained in the field. Deduct the driver fee and the cost of a 140km return trip to the course and she can keep the rest. Big deal.
    If she or her trainer had nominated for that race, knowing the conditions, no problems but they are not given the chance in this new lotto nomination system.
    I say again, it is for the punting dollar not for allowing owners to make a few dollars and reinvest in new stock. They will kill off the owners.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Any one know how the RBD are generated ie computer program, lotto drawer or some other means...i see the Hawkes were having the same trouble with the draws in the gallops.

I know another trainer who has been racing hasnt drawn any better than 6 or back row with one of his horses. last 4 starts.

Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    Go through our draws its enough to give you a real good laugh, at the moment the "computer" must have us set for 7, nice draw for some unless you have bold front runners.
    Its apparently computer generated, we all know computers have glitches, im told these dont and cant.
    Its not just my imagination, try masons falls he drew a decent gate his first start for me, looked capable of winning a race and never drew a gate after it.
    Our horses near fall over if they get anywhere near the inside of a front row they have no idea what it looks like.
    7x runners from last monday to this coming monday 2x 5, 2x 7, 2x 8 and 1x 9 that cant all be just bad luck?
    I would love an answer for such draws for all our runners, I would like to watch our runners drawn out of a hat for a few meetings and see if our luck really is that bad and then maybe it wont be such a hard pill to swallow, because week after week I see other stables consistantly drawing 1s and 2s

Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    For those on here following our draws, another 2 starters at young on friday both have drawn 9 lol.
    Im not just picking out our bad draws to show these are the only draws we seem to be able to get, if these really are random with no computer virus or whatever wouldn't you think we could fluke 1,2 or 3 once in a blue moon?
    I know we all have our share of bad luck on the draws but this is becoming a laugh, horses are going sensational all the same but ah what might happen if they did fluke a gate?

+ Reply to Thread