Roll With Joe

Thread: A Review of the Vicbred Finals AND the Melton Track - opinions please

Threaded View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

A Review of the Vicbred Finals AND the Melton Track - opinions please

In the other thread Jack asked "Josh Aiken wtf" and I have chosen to start a new thread as I would like people's opinions on what I see as something that is stopping Melton from being an excellent track

Maybe Josh Aiken's drive made perfect sense (to him) as he had done his homework on the 5 previous Gp1's for the night

HAS MELTON GOT A RIDICULOUS FENCE BIAS?

Four of those Gp1's saw the Quinella come from the leader and leader's back with one of those races seeing the first 4 all come along the poles while another saw the first 5 all come along the poles
    In the other Gp 1 the leader tired but the Quinella still came from the pole line horses

You would not call any of these races processions but Melton has a serious leader's/poles bias and the sprint lane adds to this

I know HRV has plenty of land around Melton but I cannot remember if they have any room at the bottom end to extend the track by 100m and add 50m to the straight(s) at the bottom end. Maybe we could even do away with that sprint lane if they did and just maybe we would have a track that gives the outside horses a fair chance

What do you think?

A link to the replays for the Gp 1's for anyone who missed them (although you will not see Race 8 until Mediatec wake up). Race 9 is the Josh Aiken one

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...X040715&ms=vic

Impressed by the quick fix by HRV/Mediatec when contacted on a Sunday
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-05-2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Mediatec
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI