Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2015 Breeders Crown

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the whole field in the 2C&G and 3C&G repechages at Maryborough on Thursday are likely to go through to the finals?

That is correct together with the winners of the heats from the 10th Cruisin Around and Condon Bridge & Fabrication and Illawong Armstrong respectively

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

BREEDERS CROWN
    2YO COLTS
    Sundons Courage-1st Repecharge-WOW. What awesome acceleration that was almost ballistic in such a short distance. Was a huge run in the death seat in the Redwood and a good thing beaten in my opinion.
    With the right run in the final depending on barriers im on him.
    2YO FILLIES
    Parisian Chic is from Team Fitzpatrick which is on fire right now and she has that Menangle speed, proved too good for Social Fireball while Smile Smile Smile walked and ran a fast 28.7 last 400 to beat Sky Majesty. Princess Phoenix didnt like the farrier changing her shoes on track and so went with no shoes on front and galloped bad beaten 205m.
    3YO COLTS
    Was only 1 race for these boys last Thursday and was only 1 horse, the winner Valley Ess Jay.
    3YO FILLIES
    Now heres a competition.
    Its the Matty Craven stable that is flying so far and so fast up the squaregaiting ladder in Victoria right now with the likes of Aldebaran Deebee who had a slow 1st 400 but ran 28.5 and 28.6 to win impressively over Glenferrie Burn. Then you have daughter of La Coocaracha, Reina Danzante who is running hot as well and next in line Endsiono.
    Barriers out on Monday i believe, cant wait to see!

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Good Summary Ash - it was a great days racing, anyone who was there found it easy to find the winner of every race on looks/preparation/ability, the “RBD” as mention comes out today and when the heat winners are back in the final feild that will tell a totally different story and in some cases even the barrier draw will not stop some of those very dominant heat winners.
    Hoping for a big” Locals Sunday” and if not totally local then ”rehomed” for what’s its worth and to try and match your bravery Ash here are my thoughts for anyone interested
    Speeding Spur, Speeding Spur ,Speeding Spur then the one to beat is llawong Armstrong providing he trots however I am also a fan as you know of Fabrication, both are touchy so maybe - Valley Ess Jay or Kyvalley Boomerang can take advantage if they make errors in the 3yo C&G
    The 3yo fillies is totally different with some “depth” and the barrier draw will be the key here although you would not think there is much beyond My Arya & Reina Danzante then – Fiery Mountain Girl - Glenferrie Burn and maybe Justines Amore

2yo C& G, I am hoping for a LOCAL win ,….. and I am big fan of Sundons Courage also, however Conon Bridge has been very dominate in his 2 runs here and he not only has won in NZ over 2400 but has done it tough against older horses( albeit moderate company) and he is "happy to give a start and settle"so being realistic barring him making errors it maybe a race where the tough have to stand up and I guess we are looking for the exotic chances IMHO- lets hope for a lot of pace in this race
    2yo fillies-2 horse race ( or to be politically correct J) filly’s race- High Gate or Missandie, barrier draw with tell the tale J end of story
    Last edited by squaregaiter; 08-24-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Well the barriers have been drawn and here are the fields for you

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic

and here is Len Baker's thoughts

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=27388
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Run of the Finals goes to Our Dream About Me - they don't win from the death at Melton
    which is why I think Maurice was once again the Master for his drive on The Orange Agent because they just cant win from the death if they try to hold out a serious challenge at the bell
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Big day for Somebeachsomewhere - 2 Gp1's and a Gp2

The NZ breds had 27 starters v Aussie breds 99 starters and yet it was a close call

NZ: 5 wins, 5 seconds and 3 thirds
    AU: 6 wins, 6 seconds and 8 thirds (Our Waikiki Beach is AU bred)

Of course NZ was very under-represented in some races or else it may have been a massacre
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread