Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Breeders Crown

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
    I have just reviewed the recent Breeders Crown heats for 2 year old colts and geldings;
    1) June 13. Globe Derby 4 starters 2.00.6 NON TAB
    2) July 9 . Cambridge NZ. 2 starters 2.06.9 NON TAB
    3) July 10. Albion Park 3 starters 2.00.8
    4)July 12 Launceston 3 starters 2.05.1
    5)July 21 Menangle 9 starters 1.56.3
    6)July 24 Addington NZ 2 starters 2.01 NON TAB
    7) July 27 Gloucester Park 2 starters 1.59.3
    8) August 4 Shepparton 2 heats 9 starters in each. 158.9 and 1.59.4

There are many owners who do not pay up for the BC and question the fairness of the Series. This concept originated in Victoria and since HRV have made it Australasian we have lost the integrity of the series and the consideration for the Victorian owners. As shown by the list of heats most are made up of 2 or 3 runners. If these were normal races they would not stand up ; yet the ' winners ' proceed directly to the $20,000 semi finals . Where is the fairness for the 27 NSW and VIC horses/ owners who have to go forward thru the repacharges. All participants should be subject to the same rules and conditions , why put on a race for 2 horses and give the winner a free shot at $20,000. If they cannot fill a race the horses should have to come to Victoria to participate on a level playing field.
    NZ do not have heats of the Jewels in Aus. Also why were the first heats held on June 13 and the final heats on August 8. ? 2 months to run 9 heats is an extemely long time and further disadvantages the Victorian based horses especially as the Vicbred Series has just finished. HRV need to review the BC as a matter of urgency, pay ups are falling and the prize money is in decline. I firmly believe after speaking with other owners that the perception that all horse / owners are not treated in a fair and unbiased manner is a major factor in their non participation.
    Couldn't agree more with your words of wisdom Anne and I've been banging on about this for ages, The 2 and 3 horse races(NON TAB) are of zero value as they carry no TAB turnover and Definitley give horses an unfair advantage to progress to the Semi Finals, They need to be eliminated and if the Kiwi's and Interstate owners and trainers that have a young horse that they think is good enough to compete, They must be made to travel to Victoria and all go through the same qualifying criteria and the Breeders Crown must be run well away from the Vic Bred series to give the Baby's a bit of a rest, At least a month apart at the minimum, After speaking to a couple of my Kiwi friends, They aren't real happy about the Australian horses being invited to the Harness Jewels so the same should apply with their series as well, If you want to compete, Pack your horse up and make the trip and field sizes must be able to attract the Precious TAB turnover, Surely the Heats could be run with a minimum of 7 starters so we get the full return from the TAB, Just seems like commonsense to me, I think the concept is great, Nominate your mare when she's in foal and continue to make your payments and if your horse isn't ready, You have the option of skipping a year for free but the set up clearly needs to be tweaked.

Junior Member Weanling Frosty will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry Lewis
    Occupation
    Manager Department of
    Horses
    Frosty Lady, Abettorpunt, Master of Disg
    Could not agree more. The ABC needs a major review ! We have run a 2nd, 3rd and a 4th in previous ABC finals and now do not pay up for any of our horses. 2 horse non TAB races are a joke !

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton

Breeders Crown
    We have at Maryborough tomorrow the 1st heats of the Breeders Crown for the 2yo & 3yo squaregaiters and the 8 races look very competitive with several “good things” on the program however IMHO there is also some longer shots with real chances that can add value to the exotics if your that way inclinedJ. Worth keeping in mind that the Repechages will be run on the 20th also at the Home of Trotting in Victoria with the final of $84k for the young ones and $54k for the 3yo’s to be run on the 30th August at Melton so will be a big long month for some of these runners.
    Last edited by squaregaiter; 08-09-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added Melton

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton
    Top days racing yesterday at Maryborough with the Breeders Crown series, the track was in great condition where a Age/Sex track record/s was equalled and in several other races coming within a bee’s knee’s of the same, making for some really keen racing where most trotted beautifully, plenty of good things ,some a tad too short and a few IMHO a little over the odds but as mentioned the repechages are on 20th and if they all race up to that with the “good things” out of the way it will be very competitive racing.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The four repechages at Geelong tonight (7.03 onwards) should be intriguing races

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Four more top repechages at Kilmore tonight (7.00 - 8.30)

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Jimbob will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Wyborn
    Occupation
    Business Owner
    Horses
    Margaret Jean,Tascott Lady
    Semi finals time this Saturday night for the 2 & 3 year old's. In the first 2 year old fillies semi I think "Hot Shot Woman" will be too strong, even from the 7. The second semi in the fillies is a very different kettle of fish. Heavens Trend off the pole will be hard to beat but Jilliby Jitterbug, Dancingwithsierra, Whirily School & Soho Madeleine will all be chances. But for me the unbeaten 2 year old out of the Mark Purdon stable and half sister to Christian Me "Our Dream About Me" will be racking up win no 7 in a row!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It sure is one hell of a program David. Maybe I should mosey on down the highway on Saturday night - any chance Ballarat might warm up a little? (It is 6° feels like 3° there right now)

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=BA220815
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Surprised to see that just about anything that ran in the repechages gets a start in a semi - even horses that didn't finish the race

I would love to see the semi's worth a lot more to increase the incentive to win one - not merely qualify
    If you took 60k off the finals and added it all pretty much to first in the 2 semi's - they may be keener to win for 40k
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-19-2015 at 05:41 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Am I right in thinking that the whole field in the 2C&G and 3C&G repechages at Maryborough on Thursday are likely to go through to the finals?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread