If i may have a little gripe and at the same time ask a question of maybe our resident forum racecaller Fred Hastings or anyone else who can answer...
My question is re accuracy particularly AFTER horses cross the line where the caller is then essentially announcing/calling the results.
In race 2 at Ballarat just now 3 Bacardi Lindy horses ran in the top 4 and Dan was making a humorous comment about Bacardi and if you like a similar drink etc then you should have got the first 4...meanwhile the horses are now at least 50m or more past the post.
Now what happens after horses cross the line? some slow down quicker than others, some are finishing faster than others and so are quite often not in the same order as they cross the line, so when Dan gets back to call the order they are all out of whack.
Cannot callers have live vision of Sky where pretty much as soon as they cross the line the last 50m is being replayed and quite often in slo motion giving the caller an ACCURATE version of the finish???
And while im at it does anyone else have similar issues with Chris Barsby?
Last night in the trot at Albion Park a $3 Fixed odds chance was tackling for the lead heading into the first turn against another $4.50 chance when the $3 chance gallopped 22 seconds into the race. It went back thru the field and they travelled approx another 400m before at the 54 second mark we were told the $3 chance had actually gallopped. Is this good enough race calling, im just asking the question?
heres the link to the racecall, let me know if im being harsh?
http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ld#APC25071510