Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRNSW - Don't say I didn't tell you so.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker

HRNSW - Don't say I didn't tell you so.

I've posted here on numerous occasions, the majority of peeps in prominent positions @ HRNSW were instrumental in the demise of Harold Park.

In my line of work, I'm paid to know the difference between excellent, good, average and poor management, I invest my own but mostly others hard earned based on my interpretation of firstly their product and secondly and often most importantly, if they've the people at helm to deliver the goods so to speak.

I wouldn't have confidence in the management of HRNSW if they had a hot dog stand to run let alone an industry. They were totally inept whilst at Harold Park and should of been out on their arse, saved by a golden handshake from Mirvac and they've been flying under the radar since, well not from this Cookie Boy.

Sprint Lane racing is well and truly on the nose. The racing at Melton is garbage, great from a punting perspective but it's one dimensional, week in and week out. Every race is run the same. What moves are made and done at exactly the same point no matter the speed, which is nearly always pedestrian. Albion Park is exactly the same. It's uncompetitive, boring tripe.

Here comes HRNSW with a bold plan to introduce sprint lanes everywhere, even at Menangle ... but wait there's more ... increase field sizes to 12, 10 off the front, 2 off the back at Menangle ... WTF ?

If you've spoken to any of the Clowns there like I have and you know who I mean, these guys, even with one or two decades + of industry experience are absolutely clueless about racing and these latest changes are not unexpected from a management team who should of been removed from their positions a decade ago not promoted from within.

The inmates are running the asylum. Menangle is barely relevant, no one is going and they're chasing their tale. The second verse is indeed the same as the first.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Mate its even worst down here in vic. were had an aduit that's showen the board and ceo to be inept, who have and still are destorying the sport, and their all still got their jobs.sadly long term the sports stuff, it will get to the point in the'next 15-20 years were the sport not viable for anyone.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    Mate its even worst down here in vic. were had an aduit that's showen the board and ceo to be inept, who have and still are destorying the sport, and their all still got their jobs.sadly long term the sports stuff, it will get to the point in the'next 15-20 years were the sport not viable for anyone.
    I hear you Jack. Trouble is, we've seen this before. It's a slow moving train wreck with these Clowns (both States) at the helm. Within a few years, 15K or less Metro races at Menangle and with fewer Metro races.

Menangle is nice but it's a lemon. They can't get anyone out there and there's not one cent of gate revenue coming in. As it ages and probably already is, it's going to bleed them dry hence the panic. They've got the TAB in their ear with misguided information re increased turnover for sprint lane racing and 12 horse fields.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Funny thing too, the TAB is pulling the strings re revenue. It's becoming increasingly difficult to get on. Luxbet (Tabcorp) forget about it and every bet I have on the TAB is referred. Usually accepted but the odd bet is rejected, I'm not talking thousands but in the low hundreds. The industry is sleeping with the enemy and they've naming rights to both joints for a very long time for peanuts.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    IMO another reason we cannot afford to dismiss attendances is that we all know that there is no show without the horses/owners and how many owners are you likely to get from 'non-attendees' ?!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    I hear you Jack. Trouble is, we've seen this before. It's a slow moving train wreck with these Clowns (both States) at the helm. Within a few years, 15K or less Metro races at Menangle and with fewer Metro races.

Menangle is nice but it's a lemon. They can't get anyone out there and there's not one cent of gate revenue coming in. As it ages and probably already is, it's going to bleed them dry hence the panic. They've got the TAB in their ear with misguided information re increased turnover for sprint lane racing and 12 horse fields.
    Steve reported from what should have been a perfect night last Saturday

As for Menangle, wow. We were looked after well as a group of owners but there was no one there. Such a shame for a great meeting like that. Probably because it's in the middle of no where! No shuttle bus after the meeting, the train didn't stop at the station & taxi's were a 2hour wait after the last race because they hate going out there.

The difference between it & Melton's Hunter Cup night was night and day. Disappointing. I hear they will be running shuttle buses for Miracle Mile day and hopefully that'll get more punters to the track.

Missing the Moonee Valley/Harold Park days

Are the issues too big for our current administrators to contemplate/handle?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread