Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do we need to do to get this forum ticking over again?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Question What do we need to do to get this forum ticking over again?

Aren't people interested in talking about all things harness anymore?

I don't want to be virtual sole contributor.
    I might try too hard sometimes but if a forum does not have new posts it is the equivalent of Harnesslink News not having any news - after a week or two of checking and finding nothing new, people stop checking in.

I want to be a reader as well as a poster
    I cannot believe there are not topics that people want to discuss or interesting/quirky titbits of news that the media miss but are known to our rank and file members (every week in every state)

With dozens of winners around the country every day you would think someone might have something for the 'Congratulations' thread at least or maybe the 'Odds and Ends' or even the 'Trotters Only' - I am desperate

I am really worried when it is Warragul tomorrow and we don't have a plug from Kyle

Is there a new site or is it something else?

A Forum is a place for open discussion and voicing ideas and I think if we let it die, one day we might wish we hadn't
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Hi Kevin..
    I'm still here !
    Add you top 10 or the 70's and lets see who else can start a debate !

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Don't stop posting Kevin, the world is divided into watchers and doers, you are obviously a good 'doer' so keep up the good work If I had something interesting to add I would but horse wise nothing doing doing at the moment, a position that I hope will soon be rectified. Beloved wants me to cash in super fund and go for a Bettors Delight foal but am definitely holding out on that one. You hang in there and keep us all reading sorry
    Last edited by Hermione; 08-17-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    ^^^^^ +1, Hermione if you go down that road to Bettor's, Please send me a PM, Done the same last season and there are some little Tax issues you might need to consider.

Senior Member Colt Hermione will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jan Reynolds
    Occupation
    Education
    Horses
    Chardanae Mullinalaghta Lad
    Probably didn't word that one forcefully enough, super fund NOT available for Bettors Delight, or any other stallion

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    The good horses will be back soon enough. That will get some of us posting. On a brighter note Kev, my first ever harness horse, a trotter has had his first couple of starts and I am sure to post if he has a win.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Start talking about things like this drive....I HATE bagging drivers and I VERY RARELY comment on local stuff so I'll leave the comments to everyone else!!!!

http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au.../replays/20926

Junior Member Yearling lasse will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lasse kosklin
    Driver suspended 21 days.Not defending what happened here but the new style gigs seem to be involved more in locking wheels and seem to be harder to unlock.I don't know if they can be fitted with the extra bar we used on gigs years ago to stop this happening/

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Aren't people interested in talking about all things harness anymore?

I don't want to be virtual sole contributor.
    I might try too hard sometimes but if a forum does not have new posts it is the equivalent of Harnesslink News not having any news - after a week or two of checking and finding nothing new, people stop checking in.

I want to be a reader as well as a poster
    I cannot believe there are not topics that people want to discuss or interesting/quirky titbits of news that the media miss but are known to our rank and file members (every week in every state)

With dozens of winners around the country every day you would think someone might have something for the 'Congratulations' thread at least or maybe the 'Odds and Ends' or even the 'Trotters Only' - I am desperate

I am really worried when it is Warragul tomorrow and we don't have a plug from Kyle

Is there a new site or is it something else?

A Forum is a place for open discussion and voicing ideas and I think if we let it die, one day we might wish we hadn't
    Hi Kev,
    I dont have all the answers by any means but for me i have recently found the trots to have a lot of info on Twitter. (hence i guess my reduced time on here) Race tips, opinions, trainer quotes/tips/comments and same for drivers too which doesnt happen on here much at all re drivers and trainers openly commenting about their horses pre race and post race. You have the likes of Adam Hamilton Chris Alford Greg Sugars, Matt Craven, Aikens, Gareth Hall, Bill Huthcinson, Chris Lang Jnr etc all active pretty much everyday.
    I still pop my head in here pretty much daily but as you say and is apparent, things have slowed down and the cobalt issue bores me i dont read it at all. i imagine come the Grand Circuit season and ID time again things should pick up again, but the trend is certainly evident. i agree a shame, but as is said on the Lion King-its the Great Circle of Life.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Twitter probably does explain the decline Ash. I don't have an Iphone and as is the case with my antique, I would probably forget to take it wherever I go anyway. As long as people are still interested that is what is important, not the medium.
    Trainer info is something I am very interested in - I plan on campaigning for Harnesslink to do some profile stories after I highlight all the big movers on the premiership table at the end of the season in a couple of weeks
    (As for Cobalt/drugs - I fear it is a massive issue and one that could see horse lovers turn off)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread