I'm not passing judgment on the drive in this race or Dan's post (I presume Dan is referring to the two horses locking wheels). My question is after reading the stewards report for this meeting the horse is blamed for hanging in and the driver gets 21 days, no warning and or stood down for a trial on the horse for being intractable.

Race 5 two drivers cautioned for causing interference.
Race 6 you could scratch your head.

And the general report tacked on the end.

Either the stewards report is missing some information or I'm way off. After reading the post about this I watched the replays of this meeting on the computer (they were a bit fuzzy). My only point is if the report states that the horse hung in how does the driver get 21 days. How many times have drivers blamed the horse for hanging in when there there is interference in a race (blame it on the horse just don't get time). If the horse ducks in quick drivers get caught (he just ducked in).

Lasse you are dead right about some of those new style gig stays, they are on back to front can not help but lock wheels.

RACE 8 – NEVELE R STUD PACE – 2030 metres

In the vicinity of the 1800 metres when improving BRIGHT AND SONNY hung in and locked wheels with BIG ABRAXAS NZ resulting in those horses taking no further part in the race. After reviewing the official vision M Young the driver of BRIGHT AND SONNY was charged with carelessness under Rule 168(1). M Young plead guilty and her licence to drive in races was suspended for a period of 21 days from midnight.

GENERAL:
Subsequent to Race 8, the Stewards interviewed Trainer D Thomas into his conduct and the substance of commentary directed to M Young the Driver of BRIGHT AND SONNY as runners left the track post-race. Mr Thomas admitted that he had spoken inappropriate words towards the Driver. After considering the evidence, Stewards charged Mr Thomas with misconduct under Rule 231(2). He plead guilty and was fined $ 800 of which $ 300 was suspended provided Mr Thomas did not breach the Rules relating to conduct within the following 12 months.

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...&fromstate=nsw