Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello, I'm new, and have a quick question already!

Junior Member Foal Stac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stacey Tims

Hello, I'm new, and have a quick question already!

Hi everyone I'm Stac and have become a member after finding some great info posted on this forum..so hoping someone may be able to help with my first question... A stallion Named "Only a Tiff" no search here/google/HRA came up with ANYTHING! Does anyone remember the stallion, know if he is still alive, have any info to share? In particular anyone know of any mares by this stallion..
    Thanks look forward to the comments

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    hi stacey,welcome aboard.only a tiff a brn colt born 1/9/1980 by tiff "n" time usa.dam,garema girl by blazing globe...71 starts,10 wins,10 secs,17 thds.ltw. $29.701...ft 2yo 2.08.8 o/a2.00....i have no info at this stage on weather he stood at stud....i will dig my old stud books out later if this info does`nt help much. ps those times from moving start.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A HRA search seemed to came up with plenty for me Stacey.
    After doing a HRA search you will get this page when you click on the 'Progeny of this Sire' tab

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...orse_id=235316

Then if you are registered (easy to do if not already) you can click on any of the Sire's Reports listed in the last column and get details of Only A Tiff's 21 foals

His mares are
    1984 Leather and Lace
    1986 two unnamed
    1989 two unnamed
    1991 Orphan Annie (actually born Feb 92)
    1994 Late Tiffany (who won 3 races)
    1994 Tiffin Sue

Late Tiffany was one of his only four starters to win
    Mokoan Tiff was his best performer but despite many attempts at winning an M0 at Moonee Valley at the start of this century, he couldn't pull it off

Edit - That link will only bring up the search page but start from there and you will find everything I did
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-17-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Link
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Foal Stac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stacey Tims
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply, you have found me out already!! I'm impressed! My interest in Standardbreds started when I got my first horse, Spyrocket, and trained him under saddle with much success. While I don't watch them race very often I do follow the form statistics and my interest is centred around those that go on to become successful saddle horses. Orphin Annie by Only a Tiff, was a lovely (and successful led champion) mare, as well as Late Tiffany, who is the mother of Hollywood Dan, the first standardbred to compete in the Garryowen. (A very prestigious turnout award at the Melbourne Show)
    A check of your books would be much appreciated Allan, as this information was what I couldn't find..
    Thank you for your replies, hopefully they continue now my cover has been blown!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Late Tiffany featured a Good Time cross and Danny Mullan has bred a few from her.
    One of these Gemma Bear he has bred a couple foals from.
    Still unnamed the coming season's 2yo out of Modern Art has a nice looking No Nukes cross
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-17-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling astoevelaar will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arjuna Stoevelaar
    Couldn't help myself i had to have a look. Only a Tiff's record didn't warrant him going to stud. Curious what made him special. The huge gap between his stallion years is curious too. Soneone must know something about this horse.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by astoevelaar View Post
    Couldn't help myself i had to have a look. Only a Tiff's record didn't warrant him going to stud. Curious what made him special. The huge gap between his stallion years is curious too. Soneone must know something about this horse.
    I am guessing it would have been a gamble on his excellent sire line.
    I doubt he stood as a commercial stallion - more likely family and friends?
    If you look at the named progeny of all his early seasons, two surnames crop up a lot
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling astoevelaar will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arjuna Stoevelaar
    Would make sense Kevin. Still very interesting. The declining number of stallions being used is understandable but still leaves less of the quirkyiness and intrigue of standardbred bloodlines.

+ Reply to Thread