Member Yearling Jimbob will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Wyborn
    Occupation
    Business Owner
    Horses
    Margaret Jean,Tascott Lady

A Rocknroll Dance, Pet Rock, Rock N Roll Heaven

Who do you think is going to win the battle of best sire out of the above three? Obviously Rock N Roll Heaven is in front at the moment interesting to see what unfolds in the next couple of years.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Rock N Roll Heaven
    Not a good sign here.... Rock N Roll Heaven moved from Blue Chip Farms NY to Deo Volente in New Jersey. NY Sires Stakes is very strong, while New Jersey has suffered due to the downturn of the Meadowlands.

http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolu...66213&zoneid=1

"We've been disappointed in his last couple of breeding books,” Joe Bellino told harnessracing.com. "Blue Chip tried their best with him, and I know they wanted to keep him, even until the end.”

"The big negative is the lack of elite level colts. It is an issue that is affecting him in both hemispheres. There are plenty of nice colts by Rock N Roll Heaven out there but to really make it as a sire, you do need to produce those elite level colts and from his first crop in each hemisphere he hasn't done that."
    Last edited by Adaptor; 09-14-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Member Yearling Jimbob will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Wyborn
    Occupation
    Business Owner
    Horses
    Margaret Jean,Tascott Lady
    Interesting to note the fillies from Rock N Roll Heaven seem to be better on the race track than the colts. If it wasn't for the fillies RNR Heaven would not have been the no 2 sire for 2 year olds for the 2014/2015 season. I have just had a beautiful filly born today with Pet Rock as the sire Armbro Operative broodmare sire.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Maybe 3yo C&G's are going to be RNR Heaven's go?
    Admittedly he is from a brilliant mare but Roll With It brained them last Friday at Melton

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MXM11091508
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    While the signs are worrying for Rock n Roll Heaven, His 3yr olds are performing nicely in Nth America, Apart from his 3 fine fillies from last season who have all now gone 1.50, He has 2 x 3yr old colts/geldings that have also cracked this magical time, I wouldn't totally right him off just yet and you must remember that his young ones are competing against the very best of Bettor's, Art Major and Somebeachsomewhere's etc young ones in Nth America and here.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Congrats with your Pet Rock filly David, He was a very good horse on the track and had some mighty clashes with A Rocknroll Dance, We didn't get to watch Rock n Roll Heaven on the track as an open class horse but both PR and ARD made the big jump from 3yr old racing to open class easily and it wouldn't surprise me at all if both produced some very nice horses down the track, There's a video on You Tube that's a must see, I'm pretty sure it was the 2013 Winbak Pace on the Little Brown Jug circuit and it was a mighty clash between Pet Rock and A Rocknroll Dance and Pet Rock just got the chocolates in a time of 1.48.1 which is amazing for a 800m or half mile track, My Bettor's Delight mare(Leased out) is heavily in foal to A Rocknroll Dance and the reversing of Cam's Cardshark should be very interesting.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-12-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    I'll stick my neck out and say A rocknroll dance,really love his maternal side and raced like a monster!

+ Reply to Thread