Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRV Strategic Plan

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Lightbulb HRV Strategic Plan

Kyle provided a link to this in the Vic Audit thread 3 weeks ago but I thought I would remind people that they only have a couple of weeks to have their say.

http://www.hrv.org.au/general/consultation/

This link allows you to view the strategic plan and to have your say. You will be glad to know that it is quite a friendly document to read

Many may be attending the public consultation forums - 58 already attended the Bendigo one and there are still 2 more opportunities next week at Shep and Melton

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=27612

If like me these dates did not suit then use the first link above to have your say. Be warned that you only have 1hr to complete the online submission so if you have a lot to say then maybe you need to compose it first then cut and paste or type fast

It is definitely best to have a look at the consultation paper first but not necessarily essential as whatever your thoughts to improve harness racing in Victoria, they will fit into one of the ten categories on the submission form.
    I reckon everybody could have a go at Q9 which asks 'what you love about harness racing'

If the online submission does not grab you, you can make comments here and I will make sure that regular poster Cody Winnell, HRV Communications and Media Manager is aware of them

In the strategic plan link HRV identifies the following 7 challenges as the basis for the plan
    • Integrity and Animal Welfare
    • Financial Sustainability
    • Horse Population
    • Racing Product
    • Wagering
    • Participation
    • Communication/Consultation

So far I have become rather absorbed with Racing Product as I believe if we sell this correctly, it goes a long way to taking care of several of the other challenges

It would be great to hear everybody's thoughts or know that you have put in submissions
    In the past we have had some big threads on this forum relevant to this HRV consultation process eg

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...betting-market

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...industry-sport

In the next week, I may bounce a few of my ideas around for people to improve before I submit them but I really hope to read your ideas

ps I don't think HRV believes that Victoria is the only place with any brains so I encourage everybody who follow harness to have a say
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    I was one of more 60 who attended and participated in the consultation forum at Bendigo's Lord's Raceway on Tuesday night.
    Really good cross-section of the industry ( sport ) and wide demographic.
    Lively evening, with many having their say.
    It's hard to get the views of so many so the website capture is a really good tool. I hope that as many as possible use it.
    Last edited by Adaptor; 09-18-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    We need everybody that posts on these forums to have their say, so please go to the link and let them know what you think. I know I have. I just hope something actually changes this time and the sport can grow !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    In my submission on the HRV strategy plan, I am suggesting a set date race (which of our Big races I will leave for others to decide) that can be marketed as our equivalent of The Melbourne Cup and I thought the last Sunday in August may not be a bad date. It is lofty stuff, I know, but it seems to me that most people that follow harness, do so because they were introduced to it/went at a youngish age (something else I tackle in my submission) whereas a huge % of the population take an interest in the gallops without having gone as kids ALL because of The Cup (and its government, media, ... support) - it is a holiday, we went in sweeps etc etc. I think it will take decades but we have to aim at coming as close to this phenomena as we can. I do not think the rotating Inter can do this
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Today (Sep 30) is your last day to fill in the 'Have Your Say' - remember you can fill in just 1 or 2 boxes if that is all you want to do. Let's hear your voices
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It was great for all 38 submission writers to receive a comprehensive reply from John Anderson.
    The Board will receive a summary of the feedback later this month and in November the management team will adapt the paper into a draft plan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread