Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2015 Breeding Season

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train

2015 Breeding Season

With the fun time of the year well and truly upon us, what's everyone's thoughts/actions for the coming breeding season? Few new sires about, some significant price changes, what's everyone breeding to or avoiding? Who is value and who is too much....

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Bettor's is all class but the price hike has put him out of reach for a lot of breeders, Alabar have kicked a big goal by leaving Art Major's fee the same as last year, The most interesting new stallion is He's Watching and the value for money stallion imho is Live or Die.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Only two sires for me.
    I have three mares going to Art Major who just keeps on siring great colts and fillies here, in New Zealand and in North America. I also have four mares to Roll With Joe, USTA 3YO of the Year, full brother to Bettors Delight, and off to an impressive start with his first crop in USA.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    Gee there is a real buzz about Roll With Joe. What's the story behind his closed book? Fertility problems?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Grant, Just totally booked out on the back of his impressive first season in Nth America and I believe that some of his young ones here are showing real promise.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-08-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    I watched a bit of the Lexington Select Sale today and the only Roll With Joe lot on day 1 sold for $125,000. Above the average, which was just on $100,000, and hopefully a further sign for his future given the success of his first US crop on the track

Regards

Mark

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    What is everyones thoughts on He's Watching?
    A very impressive type

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    I was at Yonkers the other night and saw a couple of 2 yr old finals that had a few roll with joe's and they were all impressive types to look at,the filly that won was by RWJ and she looked real good and lovely gait.Having said all that we are very excited that we have two mares that are about to drop in foal to Christian Cullen,was desperate to get a couple before he was done in Oz.Good luck to everyone that has mares about to foal!

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hes Watching had speed to burn on the track, A terrific type and from a great family, IMHO at around $5000 he is worth a shot, If he's like any other members of his very own maternal family, He should really like mares that carry a strain or 2 of his family, He's not a big horse and Life Sign and Mr Feelgood mares just might go very well with him.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-11-2015 at 01:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread