Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nsw leading trainers

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell

Nsw leading trainers

Just had a look at the trainers list for Nsw and the former leading stables are now not so dominant.This can only be good for the sport and i live in hope Victoria will soon follow

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I cannot really see much difference Brian, other than Tritton stable possibly taking a break (?)
    In Vic much the same except Stewart stable possibly taking a break

http://www.harness.org.au/vic-premie...ason_name=1516

http://www.harness.org.au/nsw-premie...ason_name=1516
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Not sure Triton stable taking break have had a few in lately at Newcastle, and wasnt that long ago on this site we were told how great a trainer Luke Mccarthys wife was .Have come back to the field and is good for the sport.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting about the Tritton stable then Brian (I am a Vic so I need you blokes to keep me informed). I did notice however that Belinda Mac only finished 7th on last yr's NSW Trainers Prem but is sitting 3rd so far for this month. I think they are spreading themselves around a bit more - having won 18 more Vic races in 14/15 than they did in 13/14
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Might explain Tritton. Quoted from this article.
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/HRNS...-on-October-23

"Despite missing the last two and a half months of the season Panella still won the NSW Drivers' Premiership by 34 wins and although she will have missed the first two months of the new season is still a chance to defend her title.
    The biggest hurdle for Panella to overcome in chasing the early leaders down will be the decision by her fiance Shane Tritton to reduce the size of his team.
    After training a team of up to 80 horses during last season, Tritton has confirmed he will be aiming to reduce his stable to 40 horses and will look to concentrate on targeting the better races in Australasia."

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks Stephen, it is no doubt a contributing factor
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    brian campbell
    I remember he was on here a while ago talking about how they had changed the Newcastle racing dates to clash with Menangle, again his dominance at Newcastle was unhealthy for sportI know for one if he had a horse in a race i wouldnt look at that race as he was dominating but now his horses are run of the mill like most trainers.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Stables do rise and fall but with only one month down it is early days. If it is the stables intention to hunt the better races in Australasia then the Newcastle premiership may not be a priority
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    4 winners for BJ McCarthy at Menangle tonight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread