Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Stallion standing at stud made you go to the races to see

nat

What Stallion standing at stud made you go to the races to see

This is mainly directed at the Northern Hemisphere what horse excited you at the track that captured your attention each time he raced had that something special maybe broke down never had the opportunity shine. We see horse roll in and out down under with quick times and a million dollars in bank roll but what horse would you breed to if money wasn’t an object, what horse ?

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    Forget the money side of things and concentrate on the horse. The best horse you are ever going to be able to breed to is Somebeachsomewhere. He is the absolut pinnacle of the breeding business and no horse in my view comes even close to him. He was a freak of nature trained by amateur. We only saw him race as a two and three year old. Goodness knows what he would have achieved if he raced as a four and five year old. Getting beat in 1:47 in the Meadowlands Pace by Art Official had to be seen to be believed. Art Official was very special that day also and nothing could be taken away from him winning. That alone was an incredible perfornmance. But Somebeachsomewhere was amazing in getting beat. Without a single doubt him getting beaten this day was still his greatest ever run. This is the horse that you need to breed to as he will improve the whole breed. He is the next generation. Why they have to discount him in Australia one will never know. Simply outstandingly bad management and a incredible disservice to the Somebeachsomewhere.

nat
    Hi Thomas

That's the sort of info we like to see also like your comments on In the Pocket (a breed shaping stallion down under) and Mr Feelgood it just seems any horse can run a time and they dont have to be a outstanding race horse to win a million anymore.
    Last edited by nat; 10-31-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I agree would love to see him serve more mares down under in New Zealand i believe he has only served a handful here if I had a well bred and performed mare I would be jumping out of trees to get her served by Somebeachsomewhere.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    I saw Christian Cullen have his first start as a 2yo against older horses and he performed exactly as good as he looked both on the race track and in the breeding barn. Shame the USA thing didn't work out for him but who knows he may still leave something up there.

triplev123
    I agree Neil. Christian Cullen, hands down. He was awesome.
    I saw him win the Miracle Mile & back up not long afterwards to win the Truer Memorial.
    He spoilt racing for me for years afterwards because everything else looked pedestrian.

Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    I've heard we have had a great xmas present

The Grices who lease all their horses have had today a Love You colt from Juliana at 6.00am today - and we have two of her earlier foals - so I want this one as well - he leaves magnificent looking foals so lets hope :-)

triplev123
    I don't mind the occasional excursion onto the road less travelled but geeze, French Trotting Stallions?
    Neil, I have to take my hat off to you mate. You must have a heart as big as a house to venture there.
    Revenue leaves magnificent looking offspring too, btw.

Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    A friend of mine has bred 2 and one of them won a workout the other day to be the first Love You workout winner in NZ. The Australian one that was purchased for $140k is back here in NZ with Mark Purdon. With what they pay in France he is a bargain here. 8 horses in the syndicate I manage and 7 of them trot so yes I'm a tiger for punishment.

nat
    Hi Neil

Whats the opinion in NZ about Skyvalley was there much talk about people sending mares to him over there. Who would you consider the best CC stallion at stud is there much interest in them I have a Gotta Go Cullect filly (looks just like a Cullen) was interested in Pay Me Christian but he was only avalable on farm in NZ at this time.

+ Reply to Thread