+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Stallion standing at stud made you go to the races to see

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    I'm sure Skyvalley will be well supported as he is from an very good producing family. He may be a bit "hot" for the Sundon mares - seemed to race fiercely from what I saw of him. Pegasus Spur has seemed to click well with Sundon - we've gt a magic little yearling colt on that cross. I saw a photo of the first Gotta Go Cullect foal who is a half to one of ours and he certainly throws them. I like Ohoka Arizona for his all round ability and think he will get his chance.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfuDiTCWoU
    I was at this race and had my money on Up Front Western.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've heard we have had a great xmas present

The Grices who lease all their horses have had today a Love You colt from Juliana at 6.00am today - and we have two of her earlier foals - so I want this one as well - he leaves magnificent looking foals so lets hope :-)
    just uploaded a picture of the 2 day old colt to my album

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    It will be fascinating to see how all these Christian Cullen sires go Gotta Go Cullect looked to be a top horse before injury and is out of one of the greatest fillys to ever race in NZ, Ohoka Arizona was a top 2yo who was injured as a 3yo and never got back to his best but is out of a mare who has left 3 2yo winners from 3 and then Gotta Go Cullen was a top 2yo, 3yo and 4yo who also had success in open class- has the best race record but his maternal breeding isn't as strong. Im sure the success of these 3 CC stallions will have a big impact on potential stud careers of future cullen sons like Stunnin Cullen, Empyrean and others.

nat
    I'm a big fan of Pay Me Christian but fertility issues is his only down fall he was and still is the most exciting CC to race for me. I'm sure that good sons of CC will get good coverage and results especially if they keep the service fee down thats the appeal CC is premium price and out of reach by most, his sons will give the every day punter a chance to get in on the act they way the foals are stamped just hope they can run to.

What is the opinion about CC brothers Julius Caesar & Tiger Woods both in Australia

Real Name
    Unknown
    Julius Caesar has produced some reasonable types like Romulus, Steph's Caesar and Chain of Command all of whom are now in Australia but they tend to take time he hasn't had any age group stars, not sure about Tiger Woods. I think Pay Me Christian may have been the quickest cullen to race over a mile or 1950 but couldn't go much further.

triplev123
    I honestly don't think any of them will be able to further his legacy much beyond one generation, but it will be through no fault of their own. As a sire of sires I think there's a fair chance that Christian Cullen could well do an Albatross because it is highly likely the producing efforts of his broodmare daughters will serve to so greatly assist other sires/sirelines as to ultimately push his siring sons into the background.
    A day later I'll add to the above....For a more localised and relatively recent comparison in terms of his expected broodmare influence, I believe the siring career of Christian Cullen will ultimately parallel that of Classic Garry here in Oz. Breeders want their daughters, not their sons.
    Last edited by triplev123; 12-29-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: didn't finish post.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Good point you make there, the abundance of cullen sons at stud in the future (say 5 years) may also put pressure on the number of quality broodmares available to these horses.

+ Reply to Thread