Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1.50 Club Stallions

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit

1.50 Club Stallions

Always find this interesting, According to Classic Families, These are some of the mighty stallions that have left multiple horses in the 1.50 club
    Western Hanover 67
    Camluck 63
    Cam's Card Shark 62
    Rocknroll Hanover 59
    Bettor's Delight 59
    Western Ideal 51
    Artsplace 45
    Cambest 42
    Art Major 41
    Somebeachsomewhere 29
    Real Desire 28
    Mach Three 23
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-31-2015 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Update of Stat's.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    The current US Yearling Sale is a barometer to the future of some stallions.

Session One Leaders

Yearling-Sire-Dam-Sex-Gait-Price-Buyer-Consignor

Federal Hill-Muscle Hill-Gala Dream-C-T-$350,000-Atlantic Trot, Agent For Reima Kuisla-Brittany Farms
    Live For Greatness-Cantab Hall-Forever Graceful-C-T-$350,000-Robert Lindstrom, Agent-Kentuckiana Farms, Agent
    Julieann B-Cantab Hall-Yankee Blondie-F-T-$310,000-Nancy Johansson, Agent For Stall Courant Ab-Winbak Farm
    Mountain Of Love-Muscle Hill-Somebody To Love-C-T-$280,000-Tony Alagna, Agent-Crawford Farms
    Evelix Am-Art Major-Credit Rating-F-P-$275,000-Tony Alagna, Agent-Hunterton Sales Agency, Agent
    Blue Beach-Somebeachsomewhere-Rainbow Blue-F-P-$270,000-Michele Crawford-Cameo Hills
    Beach Showoff-Somebeachsomewhere-Put On A Show-F-P-$250,000-Richard Young-Northwood Bloodstock, Agent
    Signal Hill-Muscle Hill-Special Appeal-C-T-$250,000-Tony Alagna, Agent-Brittany Farms
    Dream Together-Muscle Hill-Danae-F-T-$240,000-Determination Stable-Cane Run Farm
    Hurricane Beach-Somebeachsomewhere-Blazing Yankee-C-P-$230,000-Determination Stable-Allamerican Harnessbreds
    Notable-Muscle Hill-Impressive Kemp-C-T-$220,000-Robert Lindstrom, Agent-Hunterton Sales Agency, Agent
    Brand New Key-Cantab Hall-Bar Slide-C-T-$210,000-Robert Lindstrom, Agent-Cane Run Farm
    Sheer Assault-Chapter Seven-Sheer Soul-C-T-$205,000-Andy Miller Stable, Agent-Kentuckiana Farms, Agent
    Major Account-Western Ideal-Cpa-C P-$200,000-Tony Alagna, Agent-Hunterton Sales Agency, Agent

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Somebeachsomewhere had 14 lots sell for $100k plus in the first 2 days and probably another 3 or 4 very close to that figure, He's certainly very popular with Buyers and Breeders in Nth America, There was a bit of a knock on them here last year so our next round of sales should be very interesting, You would have to think that after seeing what(Our)Waikiki Beach and to a lesser extent Goodtime Sammy achieved this season, The SBSW's should really be back in vogue.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    and Menin Gate!

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Oops, Of course, Sorry about that Harvey, How could I forget him and it's not just SBSW's colts going well here, Whereibylong had already proven that his filly's can be a bit special as well.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-09-2015 at 07:12 AM.

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    Why wouldn't there be a knock on SBSW out here, for those few top ones there are a whole lot more who cant get hot.
    Different if his lesser types were at least bread and butter horses but they are either really good or no good, he doesn't seem to produce that inbetween good money spining horse.
    That along with a lot being very low dirty horses to do anything with, I think that has a lot to do with him not being as popular here as in the states, buyers may be a little keener after the above mentioned have shown what his good ones can do but those people who already purchased or bred the rest are still going to be wary one would think.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Hmmm, his oldest are 4YO's and with a crop of only 19 he's managed to produce 12 winners from 16 starters. Personally, I think he is doing a great job and before judgement can be passed on whether he can produce bread and butter type horses shouldn't he at least be given the chance to do so? Overall he's had 66 starters for 52 winners, all from a total horse pool of only 91; what else could he possibly do?

Regards

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Words of wisdom Mark and you are 100% right, With his oldest only 4, It's way to early to pass judgement on SBSW and his all over figures are very good, What I have noticed with the SBSW's, They are fairly big like himself and might take a little while to come around, I really think that if you put your study cap on and had a look at the types of mares he is connecting with, There's a good chance that you just might breed a decent horse, I wouldn't send him to just any old mare and certainly not a big mare but there's plenty of evidence on the USTA site as to which types of mares he will connect with and I'm pretty sure that with what we have seen here with (Our) Waikiki Beach and Menin Gate etc, SBSW will serve a big book this season, Risky at $12.5k, Hell yes and it's always a risk and that seems cheap considering that he's standing in Nth America for $25k.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-09-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Member Gelding broco will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    monique parsons
    Occupation
    trainer/driver
    Horses
    cullens moose, somart, ladybird
    I'll stick with my observations, a horse of his calibre should be bettering the mares he see's after all isn't that what good stallions do each and every year.
    Im not saying I dont like the horse, but I can certainly see from a buyers view and also from that of a breaker and trainers view as to why there is a knock on his progeny here in aus.
    For the service fee there are much safer options out there.
    If he was a thoroughbred he would be in big trouble about now.
    He is a horse that needs the right mare not just any good mare, and for those who like a reasonable temperament then he is a real risk

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    All fair points Monique, I can think of a couple of other stallions that I would go to before SBSW in his price bracket but his early figures are good and the type of mare is the key IMHO.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 10-12-2015 at 05:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread