Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lance Justice just charged over ID11 positive swab

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Lance Justice just charged over ID11 positive swab

Just in case you might have missed this http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/la...-1226075630677

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    For how much longer is this debacle going to continue before we have a decision one way or the other?

aussiebreno
    Its hardly a debarcle :s

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    There seems to be a strong feeling in NZ harness and steward circles that Smoken Up will definitely be disqualified as winner of ID11. I have mixed feelings either way , although am not a fan of Lance Justice , I am of Smoken Up. It would be a shame , but rules are rules and it seems like the NZ harness top brass have a zero tolerance policy , no matter if there is no evidence who might have administered an illegal drug or where it might have come from.

If it does happen , the placings would then be:

1. I'm Themightyquinn
    2. Blacks A Fake
    3. Smiling Shard

I'm sure that's not the way that the connections of I'm Themightyquinn want to have their great horse remembered as being the winner of ID11 , but rules are rules.

Anyway , all conjecture for now , till the final rulings are made , then possible legal action , but does not look like there is much room for Justice to manoeuvre legally if it goes against him.

Real Name
    David Summers
    BTW, I backed I'm Themightyquinn in the final :-(

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    There seems to be a strong feeling in NZ harness and steward circles that Smoken Up will definitely be disqualified as winner of ID11. I have mixed feelings either way , although am not a fan of Lance Justice , I am of Smoken Up. It would be a shame , but rules are rules and it seems like the NZ harness top brass have a zero tolerance policy , no matter if there is no evidence who might have administered an illegal drug or where it might have come from.

If it does happen , the placings would then be:

1. I'm Themightyquinn
    2. Blacks A Fake
    3. Smiling Shard

I'm sure that's not the way that the connections of I'm Themightyquinn want to have their great horse remembered as being the winner of ID11 , but rules are rules.

Anyway , all conjecture for now , till the final rulings are made , then possible legal action , but does not look like there is much room for Justice to manoeuvre legally if it goes against him.
    It isn't about if you like them or not. As you said rules are rules. It's about making the correct decision. I'm sure IMTQ connections won't be giving the crown back should they receive it; it will just set up one hell of a clash on ITMQ home soil next season where the defending champ takes on the defending champ!

I just thought of a new fining system. (Cost of the swab + all costs incurred by the authority in bringing you to justice) x 2)) + (punters loss x 2).
    Authority costs would include wages, time and money lost on other matters, etc. Punters loss calculated on home TAB. Say 120,000 pool. That means 100'000 in payouts meaning on a $4 shot (the horse that ran 2nd) has $25'000 wagered on it. So punters loss was $75'000 in profit plus $25'000 in what they risked.
    That might seem pretty harsh but take into account bets on trifectas, quinellas etc and the away state TABs and other punting sources and the real lose is with the punters who provided a good portion of the prizemoney cheque in the first place. (Cue Flashing Red)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Its hardly a debarcle :s
    check your own spelling aussiebreno; it's debacle not debarcle.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 06-17-2011 at 09:01 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    check your own spelling aussiebreno; it's debacle not debarcle.
    Wasn't commenting on spelling but rather the situation being the meaning of dabacle.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Debacle: an unsuccessful ending to a struggle or contest.

aussiebreno
    In your sentence you used it as a synonym for catastrophic. In fact; your definition does not fit your sentence.
    Either way; the thing hasn't been decided yet so can't be a debacle, or as I originally thought you meant a meaning of catastrophic; specifically the handling of the case had been catastrophic (you made mention of how long its been going and questioned when a decision would be made) which I disagree with. Its been through the due procedures to date; perhaps not at a speedy manner; but its not a debacle.

+ Reply to Thread