Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Rebecca Brown, not charged (yet) but stood down

*http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=32918
    Had had a prior pos swab, as well as having her then disqualified boyfriend helping her work the horses. Should be out for life now if found guilty.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Had had a prior pos swab, as well as having her then disqualified boyfriend helping her work the horses. Should be out for life now if found guilty.

Thanks for the history Breno, priors...stood down....three strikes.

A bit off topic, I don't really know all the whys and why nots some thoroughbred states resisted dual, jockey/trainer licences and maybe P V'landys having previously been in the harness racing industry could come into it in NSW but, what impression does a trainer/driver give off if suspended as a trainer? I realise we've always had the opportunity to be dual licensed but is there more public/punter scrutiny, perception when they drive? I guess it's the same when a trainer/driver hands the training over to their partner...I suppose there's the notion of "arm's length" there.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Isn't that down trousers?
    Might be irrelevant to Kev...Halls Gap to the Tassie Wilderness...isn't that the nudist camp trail?

On a lighter note, Kev, you mentioned in another thread the stand down rule 183 might be irrelevant these days. A State based thing??
    It will be interesting - everyone in Vic that appeals such a suspension has it reversed
    And to you Mr Hayes ....
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    oh my golly goshh...how bad is that...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    An absolute shocker!!!!!

Is that what happens to jockeys when they get a whiff of cobalt from the horse's breath?? Blown away.

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It will be interesting - everyone in Vic that appeals such a suspension has it reversed
    And to you Mr Hayes ....
    I wonder how this is going - 2016 Paul Bittar Review Recommendation:-

2. The restructuring of the appeals and disciplinary system to remove the appeal to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) of decisions by RADB and to establish a single cross­code Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board (RADB).

Kevvv I heard the jockey was singing when Irish eyes are smiling....

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    VCAT

Flemington trainers Danny O'Brien and Mark Kavanagh have on Friday morning successfully appealed their lengthy disqualifications over cobalt positives.

The pair are free to resume their training careers after Justice Greg Garde dismissed the charges against the trainers at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

In upholding the appeal, VCAT found:

- That it was satisfied that Dr Tom Brennan, the veterinarian of both of the trainers, administered or directed the administration to each horse of a substance in a bottle labelled ‘vitamin complex’ in pre‐race drips. The substance contained a high concentration of cobalt chloride.

- That it was not satisfied to the requisite standard that either Kavanagh or O’Brien caused Dr Brennan to administer the substance in the vitamin complex bottle, or that they were aware that it was being administered to their horses.

- That is was not satisfied to the requisite standard that either trainer was informed by Dr Brennan or suspected that he intended to administer an unproven and untested substance to their horses.

- That is was not satisfied that Kavanagh or O’Brien failed to make sufficient enquiries of Dr Brennan as to the substances that were to be administered to their respective horses, or were negligent in relying on veterinarians to administer pre‐race drips to their horses.

- That the test results were inadmissible evidence against the trainers, given that the cobalt testing procedures between April 2014 and August 2015 "substantially departed" from the requirements set out in AR 178D of the Rules of Racing.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    woosh goes the broom...............under the carpet............just dont get caught

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Surely 'they' were satisfied that these trainers were paying Dr Brennan HUGE bucks for vitamins. Racing is a joke - they need 24hr video surveillance of all horses
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    A quick flick through the decision...I'll take RV into RV.
    Anyone want a bit of the litigation funding action for the KOB?

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Fantastic to see the Cobalt myth and all its advocates slowly starting to fall.

https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/b...efamation-case

I really cannot stand the biased opinions of Patrick Bartley.

https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/t...he-cobalt-case

I cannot help but wonder, that considering the outcome of Kavanagh/O'Brien case and that the large majority of Cobalt convictions were prior to an approved test method that sometime in the near future HRNSW and HRSA are likely to face a significant compensation law suit some time in the future. I think that HRNSW or their representatives have forgotten that in enforcing the rules, everyone should expect that there should be fairness in creating, implementing and enforcing the rules. By not using an approved testing method surely they have failed to fulfill this obligation. It does irritate me that some participants have done knowingly tried to cheat and now they have an avenue to possibly get compensation but by not completing the testing in an approved manner, surely HRNSWs actions are no better than the cheats.

Also what ever happened to the Argon Gas conspiracy. This was the next big thing after Cobalt but it seems to have died a silent death?

+ Reply to Thread