Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign

The RBD system

g'day all,
    I know this subject has been discussed at length on this forum previously but I really feel that the RBD system is something that the sport seriously needs to address urgently if the sport has any chance of progressing into the future.
    Earning cheques these days is becoming increasingly difficult & as everyone knows especially on the medium to smaller tracks draws are everything.The stats tell the story especially for the bread & butter horses which lets face it makes up the majority of our sport.
    I personally think it is a major issue & one would think with todays mind blowing technology someone could come up with the software to replace this current archaic system.Currently it is hard enough keeping owners interested in the sport & investing in the sport when
    we are battling in my humble opinion as very unfair & out of date system.No too mention the toll it takes on those horses that are bad draw magnets.I know the authorities are stuck with this system but like I said for the sport to survive & go forward in testing times I truly think it is an issue that needs serious consideration.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You would think technology could fix it in no time James but when I think about my lack of success at trying to get a trainer's column in a horse's performance details, I am not confident
    If there is any expense involved in your suggestion we may find the authorities saying that 99% of the time, over time, random selection balances out
    You would think that a program could record a horses draw and calculate their average so that if a horse was an acceptor for a 10 horse race and its average was the worst of the acceptors it would be given barrier 1, and then the next worst 2, ....
    The fact that SR1 and SR2 are considered better draws than outside fr line could be overcome by calling SR1 and SR2, 4 & 5 for example when entered in the system.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    have to agree with you there Kevin...hopefully one day we can come up with something viable.It is a subject definitely talked about around the traps.So much rides on it these days.

+ Reply to Thread