Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multitude of changes to HRV Jan/Feb Calendar to provide product for France

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Multitude of changes to HRV Jan/Feb Calendar to provide product for France

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...nuary-February

I am somewhat loathe to start this thread at this point in time as Paris/France is one of my very favourite places in the world and my heart bleeds for them (I might add that is very frightening for the world for anyone that has been there in the last few years would know that you see soldiers with machine guns patrolling tourist hotspots and yet terrorism still strikes)

I am however somewhat shocked at the changes HRV have made to the calendar to provide trotting product for France. Is this what we are to become. I always thought we were first and foremost a pacing industry - watching the 3 trots races at St Arnaud yesterday would convert nobody

I am not sure why they have messed with the Horsham and Hamilton Sunday twilight Cup meetings (now day meets) - maybe because they have created night meetings instead of day meetings on the following Mondays?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Where possible a Sunday twilight card will be moved to day - they are programmed initially as twilight but HRV keep in contact with SKY and if an interstate gallops meeting/timeslot becomes available on a Sunday afternoon, Victorian trots have first preference to move from evening to the afternoon. This is why you will occasionally see a Sunday meeting run during the afternoon.

I would imagine that an afternoon timeslot, in conjunction with gallops would be more appealing to off-course patrons than being run at 7:30 at night in among interstate dogs.

From a club point of view I would prefer to promote an afternoon card kicking off around 12:30 than trying to get people to come to the track at 7pm on a school night. The only issue with that might be if it is a hot day.

As an example I am aware Stawell had been pushing for an afternoon Sunday for several years against a Sunday twilight for their Cup.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree with all of that Kyle as I think day are better
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread