Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2yo Racing 2015-16

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The following link provides the draw for the APG 2yo Fillies final at Menangle on Saturday

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=29618

I suppose you have to go with the much faster semi winner High Rolling as she should find the front much easier from 3.
    Lauren would want to give her a breather somewhere so that she can run a faster last Q
    It would have been interesting if hers and Petacular's draw (6) had been reversed
    Perfect Sense (2) should get a nice spot in the running line but I thought Park Life (1) was more impressive in that semi however I am not sure the pole will be good for her

No doubt whoever takes the most improvement from the run and can back up in a week is the probable winner but let's face it with not many starts under their belt it is a bit of a raffle - worth $150k to the winner
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding gregcattell is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    greg cattell
    Occupation
    stockman
    good to see leetons breeders plate heats are still on boxing night this year last chance for the annual pilgrimage at xmas time with a 2 year old
    great carnival great people

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't think it is my eyes, All Done Up - winner of the 2yo at Bendigo tonight
    Looks small enough to be in a Pony Trot but is only a month off being a 3yo

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BNC02081607
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    3 heats of the Breeders Crown for 2yoF tomorrow night at Shep
    Am I right in thinking that somewhere in the guidelines a stable's runners are separated where possible - I notice none of the trainers with multi runners double up in a heat

https://www.harness.org.au/fields.cf...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A couple of 2yoC&G heats tonight at Kilmore
    The word 'heats' somehow does not seem appropriate when the apparent temperature at Kilmore (Gap) has only ranged between 2° and -3.5° for the last 24hrs

Both favourites won with Astride having to do it much tougher and faster in the first heat where Better Be Gold also impressed coming from last and 3w most to the last lap
    The second heat was much slower with Our Little General only having to do a little work early to take the lead and then produced a 27.6 last Q when it looked like they were going to come at him

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...I100816&ms=vic

(does anybody know if Kilmore Gap temps are indicative of Kilmore central?)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    So our trainer entered two of our 2 year olds in a 2C0+ race at GP for this Friday - 1 is a 2C1, 1 is a 2C3. The race was cancelled due to lack of entries so we entered them for a 2 year old race at Bunbury on Saturday. It's a 2C0+ but horses 2C1+ needed to have been balloted from GP on Friday. Neither got a start because they were 'ineligible'. How is this fair? This is the second time this has happened - they can't get a start because of the ridiculous terms of the races. Just a waste of money getting them trained because they can't get a start - we ended up just sending one for a spell.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    and the STUPID thing is, there's a 2C0 race at Pinjarra on Monday, and 2 x 2yo fillies races next weekend. So why is it that our 2C1 and 2C3 geldings cannot get a start anywhere?!? Who is making these meeting schedules.
    oh and week after? A 2C0 race, a 2C0+ race restricted to horses that haven't won a city race (so one of ours is out of that), another 2C1+ race where 2C1+'s have to have been BALLOTED FROM THE 2C0+ RACE, the week after another 2C0 race, so literally, the next time our horses can race is SEPTEMBER AS 3 YEAR OLDS!!!! What a joke. Unless we put them in C0+ races, the next time they can start against their own age group is September 10. Oh unless they go to Northam! Over 3 hours one way. And even then, the 2C3 isn't eligible
    Last edited by KTQ; 08-11-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mista Lombo having his first start in the 2yo R1 at Maryborough tomorrow

Mum won $230k but her ½ bro Suave Stuey L has won more, and while their mum did very little she did have a ½ bro who won $1.5M

https://www.harness.org.au/fields.cf...romstate=vic#1
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread