Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    "we are happy to notify you that from 26 march you will no longer have to pay $5 per month to view sky racing 2 (channel 527)," foxtel said.

hooray!!!!

Member Filly hugdon will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jim Nelson
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    have bought into a Lincoln Royal filly
    I refused to pay the $5/month for SR2 ages ago. Like you Kev I recently renegotiated the package but they would not give me SR2 as an incentive to stay (coming up 15 years as a customer) However happy with the outcome but happier after March 26

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I only subscribed to Sky 2 in December and found you get a better coverage as it is less crowded most days. Coverage of trots from NZ, in particular, is much better.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think I got it back for the last Jewels but I cannot say that I use it much but after your info on Amazing Dream (in the Oaks thread) Trev, I might have to start watching more
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    "We are happy to notify you that from 26 March you will no longer have to pay $5 per month to view Sky Racing 2 (channel 527)," Foxtel said.
    Due to unprecedented circumstances the planned tier change for Sky Racing 2 (channel 527) will no longer be taking place on Thursday 26 March. The channel will continue to be available as a Specialty Channel and we will communicate to Sky Racing 2 customers as soon as possible.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Due to unprecedented circumstances the planned tier change for Sky Racing 2 (channel 527) will no longer be taking place on Thursday 26 March. The channel will continue to be available as a Specialty Channel and we will communicate to Sky Racing 2 customers as soon as possible.
    Lol racing about to be brought to a standstill so no need for the blue channel and they reverse this decision?

I'm actually thinking about cancelling altogether with no footy and races so this has pushed me one step closer.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Cancelled Sport today myself Breno

ps Be prepared for a long wait on the Foxtel line as they are being inundated and what with working with half staff (social distancing?) it took over 50mins to be answered by the lovely lady in South Africa
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-26-2020 at 12:27 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Cancelled Sport today myself Breno

ps Be prepared for a long wait on the Foxtel line as they are being inundated and what with working with half staff (social distancing?) it took over 50mins to be answered by the lovely lady in South Africa
    I spent 1.5hrs today on hold and it didn't change from telling me I was still over an hour away from being served

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sheez that is poor.
    I put in the survey that they email you following your phone call that 50mins was not good enough and that with reduced staff, they have to make it possible for you to change your package online (they will always let you add stuff but never reduce - they want to talk you out of it)

The most recent posts were moved from the Positives only thread as Foxtel reversed their decision and made it a negative
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-28-2020 at 12:44 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Halwes will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    I decided to read stuff in these posts.. I must confess, there is a lot of knowledge here.. I got giddy so forgive me.
    It seems Sky has the rights ( for how long) , their parent is not Foxtel is it. I assume not. If not I saw somewhere that Foxtel were on their knees. Is there any hope Foxtel could take on harness racing. The problem
    m to me it seems is not having much larger purses at Melton for say Saturday night quality events . Then again when I went to Moonee Valley ( or was it Melton) just to see if Blacks a Fake could 'do a Makybe Diva' and win 3 inters in a row..in 2008.. I only went to see him for this special event.. I think he was 6 to 4 .. I backed him then went home.. but what amazed me was there was hardly anyone there .. it mattered .. I felt flat .. It was the first time I had gone to the trots since the mid 70s . The atmosphere at the Melb Showgrounds was pretty good.. I think the elevation of the stands and being close to the circuit added excitement.. I actually part owned Padomatic .. a horse that would lose 100 metres at the start in a mobile .. You probably would not have heard of him .. Ray Searby trained and drove him.. he's 78 now. You may have heard of other owners , Ken Brown and my brother John. I suspect not though . So, can we get crowds at the Trots .. fear not ... even if we had another Halwes. ��

oops I just read about Foxtel phone delay omg but do they televise anything now?
    Last edited by Halwes; 04-02-2020 at 12:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread