Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A poster sent me a link to a Shep trial - the youtube pic quality is way better than what Sky telecasts - you have to wonder when a club can do a better job of distributing their trials than Sky can of 'supposedly' showcasing our product
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No wonder we gave away stand starts in Vic.
    Fairfield on their last day had a slight false start in their last big race - the JD Watts Memorial
    Sky 1 immediately shafts them to Sky 2
    In the time that it took to run the race all Sky 1 showed was an 18 second dog race - surely they could have simply cut away for 18 seconds (I would never suggest a split screen as that would be way beyond there capabilites!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Sky Racing 1 is the pits, about six weeks ago they shunted the first four races at Gloucester Park over to Sky Racing 2 to make way for some obscure dog races, I was absolutely livid. City harness racing gives way to country greyhound racing, it seems they are prioritizing greyhound racing ahead of harness racing. I refuse to pay an extra 15 dollars a month fo SR2 and have been threatening for ages to get rid of it if I do continue it will only be for the forthcoming ID series and then it will be gone in a flash.

Senior Member Colt Big K will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kevin Spurr
    Horses
    Bonavista Bay, Shoobees Place
    Not a full bottle on it Rod but I think you can get a HDMI cable from your phone to the tv..then you can watch both sky 1 or 2 on your tv using one of the betting agencies that stream live racing....so I was told!!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Big K View Post
    Not a full bottle on it Rod but I think you can get a HDMI cable from your phone to the tv..then you can watch both sky 1 or 2 on your tv using one of the betting agencies that stream live racing....so I was told!!
    Yep - not sure if phones have HDMI outlets but laptops certainly do.
    TAB members can get love streaming from Sky.

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Yep - not sure if phones have HDMI outlets but laptops certainly do.
    TAB members can get love streaming from Sky.
    Love Streaming! I think you must have been watching a different channel Brenno!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Njcstables View Post
    Love Streaming! I think you must have been watching a different channel Brenno!
    Lol. I can get a bit excited backing a winner at times!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think the pic quality of Sky1 is getting worse - it looks like we are viewing through a stocking - it may be acceptable for a tiny phone screen but not for a TV.
    Move up two channels to 528 Tbred HD to see what racing should look like
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is time the Harness Racing authorities demanded that Sky 2 become free or at the very least obtainable without having to purchase the Sport Pack too.
    Most of us only want Sky 2 for when they shaft a race from Sky 1 and from the casual way that they announce it you would think that everybody has Sky 2 as part as their package
    It is like Australia Post saying they will deliver to my home but then saying sorry but we are going to deliver it to a similar address in England!

I think that Sky Racing + is only Sky2 so they could begin by simply calling it that.
    It is bad enough that they want an extra $60 a year for it (when like I said, most only want it when they do not deliver as promised on Sky1) but you have to subscribe to the Sports Pack for $348 a yr for the privilege of paying the $60

Sky have never once replied to any inquiry that I have made so I want the authorities to go into bat for us.
    It is most relevant to Harness because we are the ones that get shafted all the time.
    I have family that work in the gallops industry that do not have Sky2 as they know that the main gallops races will never be shafted

I hope we get to see all 12 Vicbreds from Melton on Sky1 tonight

I know there are ways of getting it for free online but I have a nice big TV in my lounge which should be getting it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Greg Hayes must have done this just to wind me up
    He is introducing himself and the nights program at 5pm today/Friday and he finishes with the line:

"as we get ready for a big afternoon of racing on Saturday"

Forget the bloody gallops Greg - this is Friday night 'Trots night'
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread