Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Being a Vic, I hardly watch Sky anymore (if I did it would be HD Sydney gallops Ch) as Trots Vision on my computer is much better

Ps You're right about it being absurd that you have to pay $30 for Sport before they will take a further $5 off you for Sky2
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Sky/TAB will have an app for mobile phones soon that lets you pick which races you watch. Will cost around $9 per month. Makes me wonder if they have been doing split screens and shifting to sky 2 deliberately just to make the app more appealing . Wont be getting any of my money.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...oadcast-final/

Good news for the upcoming Inter Final
    Follows straight on from the cricket I understand. Would be great is this helps secure a major sponsor

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    May already have a sponsor?
    Attached Images

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    That looks to be confirmed now Paul

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    That looks to be confirmed now Paul
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...nter-dominion/

I cannot help but think that it is a bit of a default sponsorship - Tabcorp have a vested interest and maybe nobody else was putting their hand up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Thank Goodness for TrotVision

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Being a Vic, I hardly watch Sky anymore (if I did it would be HD Sydney gallops Ch) as Trots Vision on my computer is much better

Ps You're right about it being absurd that you have to pay $30 for Sport before they will take a further $5 off you for Sky2
    What a fiasco at St Arnaud.
    Race Three
    Long delay with a flat tyre and the attention needed:

1 pump no good, so the track ute had to go and get another one
    2 that pump was no good
    3 Change the cart. Thank goodness it wasn't a pacer with the associated chords for hopple shorteners etc.

BUMPED to Sky2
    Might be best to scratch at the barrier rather than being bumped yet again.

Lachie did a great job of filling the long space on Trotvision. Thank goodness we have that.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trotsvision is the only way I watch Vic harness racing nowadays
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    That’s sounds more like a problem in the contingency planning for a flat tyre then a vision problem.

Member Yearling JanellePeter will become famous soon enough JanellePeter's Avatar
    Real Name
    J & P Haywood
    Occupation
    Sectional Data to HRA
    Can someone explain to me what happened in Race 4 at Redcliffe last night (21/11/2018)?
    I watched the race and I am sure the first four was 6-10-8-3. I waited for the result to come up on NSWTAB and waited... 20 minutes pasted without any result. I checked UniTAB after another 2 minutes they had a result of 6-10-8-7 but interim div still there - I couldn't believe it. Another 5 minutes passed and still nothing on NSW but then UniTAB changed the result to 6-10-8-3 but still interim. No message of protest.

30 minutes after the race NSW finally put the result up 6-10-8-3 but interim div. Another 5 minutes passed and the result on both UniTAB and NSWTAB changed to 6-10-8-7 and correct weight was declared shortly after. I have never seen anything like it.

I was on the first four 6-10-8-3 so I am talking out of my pocket but I feel ripped off. I have a recording of the race and watched it plenty of times. I have been done in photos hundreds of times before and I can cope that - I know this track very well - I watch every replay to get the sectionals. I don't think 7 has run fourth. I have seen the photo finish that was posted which shows 7 a nose ahead but I can't believe it. How can the TAB post a result after 30 minutes of deliberation and then change it?

+ Reply to Thread