Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Can someone explain why Sky racing show full screen of harness horses just circling before the start but as soon as they start to score up they switch to split screen so that punters can't see what their horse is doing ! Often the other half of the screen just shows an empty track or dogs or gallopers walking to the boxes.

I want to see the score up and first 20 meters of the race in full screen as I'm sure most people do. I wonder if David Martin could get some answers from Sky about this policy.
    I know watching on trots vision will avoid this problem but my internet and phone have problems with freezing on their site.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was told that our treatment on Sky1 was pretty shabby yesterday and I was sent a copy of a post by David Martin that states the (lousy) agreement the previous administration locked us into runs for another 5yrs while other codes have separate agreements that keep them on Sky1 even if they are running late
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Yep it’s pretty sad Kev, well a disgrace really, how on earth did the previous administration think we would ever be a chance of increasing our market share when we don’t have equal billing with the other codes on Sky.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There is a new 'Sky Racing Active' app that you can get for your phone or tablet for free for 2 months if you have a TAB account (who knows after that) which allows you to choose what code you want to watch - harness, dogs, gallops (not Vic and SA for gallops) without swapping around between Sky 1 and 2. It has other features, alerts etc
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Sky Racing Active will be free for the first few months but after that I think it will be somewhere between $2 and $5 per month. I wonder if we will still be able to get sky2 on our phones and computers for free once the fee starts. I suspect they will try and force people over to the paid service. The same service needs to be available to foxtell subscribers.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...rots-takeover/

This story says:

There will be uninterrupted live coverage from Melton from 15 minutes before the first race until 10 minutes after the last. It gives us the chance to take all the action and atmosphere of a really special race night to all those fans who can’t be trackside.

I have got the App on my phone and I can get continuous trots vision of trots races around the country but I am not getting Hamilton and co (which I can see on Trots Vision)

Am I doing something wrong?

FOUND IT - have to select Active not Harness
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling pards will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter pards
    midweek EVERY gallop race runs late, and sky channel encourage this by refusing to put running late gallop races over to sky 2 , eg a gallop race midweek normally 2 to 4 minutes late EVERY RACE, and trot and greyhound races which are on time are put to sky 2 for running on time, trots and dogs are going to have to find another channel and piss sky off and let them have there running late gallops to themselves

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ararat Cup SHAFTED by Sky to Sky2 because it was 4 minutes until the next gallops race at Canterbury. That race jumped a minute after the Cup was all over
    Sky/TAB set it up for this to happen
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes

Sky 2 to be part of basic package

"We are happy to notify you that from 26 March you will no longer have to pay $5 per month to view Sky Racing 2 (channel 527)," Foxtel said.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Great to have you back Wayne and with such news!
    I have been wondering what you have been up to
    Maybe Foxtel realized that taking away channels all the time (latest Eurosport) requires giving something back
    For those who could not justify the rip off for Sky 2 - No more cursing when something gets bumped
    I just renewed my Foxtel and it always takes some negotiating - they will always make a deal but you always have to push to get what they are offering new customers (always better)
    And it is hard to find a simple webpage that explains their (forever changing) package costs
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-06-2020 at 08:36 PM. Reason: their not there
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread