Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It is time for Sky 2 to become part of Foxtel's basic package. I am one of those people that only subscribe to the Sport Package during the football season.
    It irks me that when they shaft a race to Sky 2 they seem to assume that everybody can just change channels. Let's not forget that for whatever reason, it is they that are not delivering on Sky 1 what they advertise.
    I know to jump on the computer and get Sky 2 that way but there is not always enough warning
    Just playing devils advocate and I know they are far from perfect, but they can't show two races at once and they would argue race club advertised race at 2.40PM so not their fault if race is at 2.44PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is about time you had an avatar Breno
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Trac...e-what-we-have

An interesting observation from across the ditch. I'm sure many would agree!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    G'day Nathan, I think the Majority would, Sky Racing's coverage has been ordinary at best and what's up with the picture Quality with the replays, Very poor. I think that once the current contract is up with Sky, We need to get them on board with far better coverage and Defintley get the split screen option or give them the flick and jump into bed with Trackside, It's a far better product and under the current scenario, We will never attract new people to the game and personally speaking, I would like to see the presentations on Television as well.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    G'day Nathan, I think the Majority would, Sky Racing's coverage has been ordinary at best and what's up with the picture Quality with the replays, Very poor. I think that once the current contract is up with Sky, We need to get them on board with far better coverage and Defintley get the split screen option or give them the flick and jump into bed with Trackside, It's a far better product and under the current scenario, We will never attract new people to the game and personally speaking, I would like to see the presentations on Television as well.
    Watching one other night from NZ and when went to split screen couldn't see bottom one coz left all the stuff on screen re how long to next 4 races, etc. Saw some nice close ups of horse running 7th on top screen though!

Last night they had that screen cut in quarters thing. On left hand side at top had shot of 1 horse in parade ring Finland with odds underneah. On right hand side a race in progress and underneath a blue box with Racing in it. Only went to full screen for race in progress after half race over. Happen a lot recently...empty parade ring at dogs very frequent while race in progress.

Dunno how it all works but surely someone is watching what is being delivered on the screen and making sure right buttons pressed. Not just harness coverage either.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Re last
    As said dunno how works but maybe the bloke pushing the buttons needs some help as theres so much racing on. Believe Sky owned by Tabcorp so tipping that not going to happen. Cutting costs everywhere.

Probably not relevant to this but anyone else noticed they betting on races from Chile and Uruguay now? 8am start and guess they trying to catch punters on train to work in the morning. First of 4 from Chile just on. When looked $48 in win pool!! And quaddie pool a massive $1 !!! Surely thats costing them money and surely could be better invested elsewhere.

Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Re last
    As said dunno how works but maybe the bloke pushing the buttons needs some help as theres so much racing on. Believe Sky owned by Tabcorp so tipping that not going to happen. Cutting costs everywhere.

Probably not relevant to this but anyone else noticed they betting on races from Chile and Uruguay now? 8am start and guess they trying to catch punters on train to work in the morning. First of 4 from Chile just on. When looked $48 in win pool!! And quaddie pool a massive $1 !!! Surely thats costing them money and surely could be better invested elsewhere.
    Sorry waffling on and probably on wrong thread but just notice something else.

Exacta pool on first $57.50. Thats AFTER Tabcorp takeout which believe 9.5%. No one got it. Jackpot to next. But jackpot only $52.42. So Tabcorp take another 9.5% out of pool they already taken money out of. Maybe they not loosing money on these races after all!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Njcstables View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Trac...e-what-we-have

An interesting observation from across the ditch. I'm sure many would agree!
    I have been harping on about this for years but officialdom do not get it!
    The following quote from the NZ article should have people questioning themselves

In our view the coverage is detrimental to the image it is portraying of harness racing and is a drag on the ability of the industry to even maintain let alone grow its market share of gambling industry.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Totally agree on Sky Racings dismal coverage.
    The lack of insightful commentary, or attempt to tell the story of any of the horses..ie The WA horse Sprinter or the recovery from injury of Victorian bred , NZ owned and trained Smolda, or the fact that the recent Interdom winner was not outright favourite was terrible. There's a good story behind most horses that get to the level of a Derby or Trotters Championship, let alone the Ballarat Cup. we didn't hear about them !
    They missed Darren Weir supporting his local harness racing club by atttending and bringing along the Melbourne Cup. You can't cover that on the HRV's preferred media..Facebook and Twitter.
    RSN Radio is as jammed as Sky 1. Digital radio with the other RSN staion ( can't' even remember what is is called ) is not obtainable in the country..so we miss out again.
    Stories and people attract interest, not Tote turnover.
    They reduced Adam and Gareth to soundbites...rather than sensible commentary.
    Need a dedicated Sky 2 or similar.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Exactly right Noel, It was a great nights racing and a golden opportunity to attract new people to the game, Pretty well every race was a great contest and there was some amazing horse flesh on offer, I've only really touched on a small piece of the night but the 3 Derby Heat winners went excellent, A massive performance by Smolda to upset Lenny and arguably the best performance of the night, Monbet, He was just breath taking and this fellow could be the best Trotter that we have seen in these parts for years, Yes there would have been a hell of a lot of great story's behind the winners but as we see so often, As soon as the race is done, Now we are off to another venue, It's all about the almighty punting dollar but Jesus we are missing out on some real quality behind the scenes stuff, A special thank you must be mentioned with Darren Weir coming along and bringing the Melbourne Cup, That's massive.

+ Reply to Thread