Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Njcstables View Post
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Trac...e-what-we-have

An interesting observation from across the ditch. I'm sure many would agree!
    Hi Nathan,
    That article is spot on. With the reference of switching from a harness race to a dog meeting in Mandurah those incidences are far too prevalent. Sky Racing 1 seems in my opinion, more intent on Greyhound Racing coverage than Harness Racing. There should be no reason for some greyhound race or thoroughbred race at the 'Back of Burke' be given precedence over a city harness race even if it is running late and usually for a legitimate reason but it happens far too often. Even greyhound racing interviews are getting equal coverage or in some cases more than harness racing. But the major problem here is that there is a far greater number of greyhound races in comparison to harness races it just drives me crazy tuning into Sky Racing to be confronted by a multitude of dog races. I suggest Sky Channel send them all to Sky Racing 2 and keep 1 for Harness and Thoroughbred racing.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rod, we are still waiting to find out from Sky why the Stawell Cup was shafted to Sky 2 for a country gallops meeting that was 6 minutes past start time!
    Cody said that HRV were seeking an explanation from Sky and that we would see the answer published. Have I missed it? Has anybody seen it?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is 2 months since the Stawell Cup shafting by Sky (First half of Cup missed for a Sunshine Coast gallops race running 6min late - see post 2 in this thread)
    HRV said they were seeking an explanation and would make it public but inform me that there is still no news/response from Sky

QUESTION

If you were in business and relied on another business to distribute your product and they stuffed up big time so you sought an explanation - would you be accepting of still NO RESPONSE after 2 months!
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I had not read JA's latest

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-February-2016

(this can be found on harnesslink BEFORE it is even on the HRV site!)

It contains the following:

"HRV is fully supportive of the Joint Venture between the VRI and Tabcorp, and we are committed to our relationship with Sky Racing"

JA leads with his concerns that we could be seen as part of any dispute between the VRI and Tabcorp - as we are part of the VRI (Victorian Racing Industry) but it is the gallops that are stirring things up with their 30min between races trial. If he is so scared of being seen to be making waves FAT CHANCE he is going demand any action over our pathetic treatment by Sky eg Stawell Cup
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    DO SOMETHING HRV!!!!!!!
    I am just watching the 2nd race at Horsham and they are coming around the final bend
    AND we just lose the pic as they go to Warrnambool gallops
    The gallops race was a 3000m event which they could have held off going to for another 30secs - good of Warrnambool to jump when they did!
    At the end of this long gallops race they come back with a replay of the finish of Horsham
    NO apology or anything
    We are being treated like CRAP
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    Even more degradation of the service, Optus in their wisdom removed the "red button" option, where one could go in and look at the fields, prices and the results.

Now you get just the racing and need a bit of channel surfing at times to see the races.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't actually watch a lot of harness racing live on TV anymore but with Warragul being compulsory viewing (will that get me a free roast next visit Kyle ), I tuned in today and could not believe how Sky kept wanting to shaft Warragul to Sky2 because Ipswich gallops continually ran late. It was at its worst for Race 3 where Ipswich was 4 minutes late, so they shafted Warragul who were ready to go and went - with Sky1 continuing to wait for Ipswich then coming back to show us the last 400m only of Warragul.

The programming was a little ridiculous with Ipswich gallops scheduled 3 mins before Warragul but nevertheless, if a race is running more than 2 minutes late THEY have to be the ones shafted regardless of the code. The gallops viewers have the option to switch to the dedicated gallops channels anyway!

I fired off some feedback to Sky but of course I will hear nothing back
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I thought I was going to be giving Sky a wrap when they crossed to Melton 5min before the scheduled starting time for R1 on Crown day
    But sadly it was not to be
    First of all they hardly got back for the promised interviews after waiting for a Sunshine Coast gallops race which was running a couple of minutes late
    and then I have to admit we gave them them the opportunity to do their usual shaft job on us - by having a false start
    so a 3yoF maiden gallop race at Cranbourne got the priority over a $60k Gp1 at Melton

and of course house-sitting in the sticks at present, you can guess they do not have Sky 2, a quick log into Sky was hardly worth it due to the buffering (they need the NBN too)

The young trotters blew the start of R2 too but no false start this time

I have to say the SD pic is goddam awful - teach me to not make the long trek to be there
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They may make up for that first race major blemish before the day is out (provided they do NOT do it again) with plenty of early crosses for analysis and interviews
    (early stuff has to be much more beneficial for turnover than the usual stuff just as they are about to jump)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread