Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I spoke too soon (again) as we are back to 30sec crosses because some hic gallops meeting gets the same priority as a $280k Gp1 harness
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We got some good air time before and after the last of the Gp1's (R7) but please don't cut Dan off before we hear the Mile Rate
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have foxtel but I was thinking the other day - how few harness races I watch live. (I always check the results and watch replays of races that seem interesting)
    I AM a fusssy bugger and will only watch AFL in HD, and my love of HD even extends to movies - I can love movies just for being visually stunning.
    I love the French trots that you can often find in HD on Youtube and lately I dont mind watching Sky Tbred (NSW gallops) just because it looks great in HD, I noticed that the bottom of their race screen now has that Hong Kong horse tracking/ whatever you call it

You can guess what is coming

When of when are we going to get with the times and show our sport in HD (you wont need coloured numbers because you will be able to read them!)
    Preferably a Trots only channel (nobody can sit there and continously watch that barrage of racing that Sky 1 throws at us)
    While we are at it maybe we could learn a little from the French and their fantastic close ups. For years we have been asking why we cant have the NZ split screen

I wish I had grown up loving the gallops because they have so much top TV now.

I just can't let it go
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Hi Kevin

Perhaps it is not far off, I know the Goulburn track is having digital upgrades installed during September/October.

Cheers

Mark

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mediatec have got the replay screen running on a decent TV near the TAB windows at Horsham today and seeing how good the HD pic looks compared to what Sky then telecasts is a real eye opener - I cannot wait until we at home get this too. A trots channel would be so good as some of the footage that you only see on course (on another TV which mostly carries Sky1) eg the runners returning, looks fantastic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Mediatec have got the replay screen running on a decent TV near the TAB windows at Horsham today and seeing how good the HD pic looks compared to what Sky then telecasts is a real eye opener - I cannot wait until we at home get this too. A trots channel would be so good as some of the footage that you only see on course (on another TV which mostly carries Sky1) eg the runners returning, looks fantastic
    Having just bought a new TV I wasn't aware of how different ordinary Sky looks compared to their HD channel

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Having just bought a new TV I wasn't aware of how different ordinary Sky looks compared to their HD channel
    528 Sky Tbred is sensational coverage of NSW and QLD gallops Kyle
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I had to watch the last start of todays Vic Oaks (gallops) winner to see how she got up at 100/1 (my God, anyone that saw that would have had to have backed her)
    The reason I post it here is for all to see how good replays can look if we lift our game

http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeF...20Grange#Race2

ps The YV Cup got shafted to Sky 2 today but it was our fault - sulky/gear delays are a bane of our code
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-04-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: new link
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I had to watch the last start of todays Vic Oaks (gallops) winner to see how she got up at 100/1 (my God, anyone that saw that would have had to have backed her)
    The reason I post it here is for all to see how good replays can look if we lift our game

http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/FreeF...ype=FullReplay

ps The YV Cup got shafted to Sky 2 today but it was our fault - sulky/gear delays are a bane of our code
    Kev an absolute bottler of a run but a lowly class 1 is a lot different to a 3rd to Winx/Hartnell hence the odds.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been watching the gallops today on foxtel's racing.com Ch 529 - which unlike the free to air equivalent Ch78/68 is NOT Hi Def
    But it looked fantastic compared to Sky 1's Victoria Cup tonight - why shouldn't it be just as good? I am putting this in the Sky thread as the Mediatec boys tell me that they produce it in HD (ready for if we ever get Sky 1 HD?!)
    I have a good TV of a decent size BUT the pic was fair dinkum blurry - in the home straight right under the cameras, unless they had zoomed in like they did at the bell, you could not even make out the horses numbers (I don't need the numbers but use this as an indication of how UNclear the pic quality is) and yet for Flemington today when they are a mile away in the back straight the numbers were as clear as. How can 2 standard def coverages be so different?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread