Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Harness racing - things that annoy you most

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Spot On Triple......

Filipaina moved to Sydney in 1980, joining the Balmain Tigers. He spent five seasons at the club, playing in 77 games and ammasing 225 points. After a one year spell at the Eastern Suburbs Roosters in 1985 Filipaina played for two years with the North Sydney Bears. During his time in the NSWRL Premiership Filipaina claims he suffered from racial abuse and sledging.[2]
    In 1990, he captained Ryde-Eastwood to victory in the inaugural Metropolitan Cup final.[3]

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZA View Post
    Things that annoy me the most ...... race 4 Gold Coast last night... races like that. Pleassssssse
    For those interested in making a comment about this Gold Coast race , a new thread has been started here http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...-3rd-of-august

Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    Spot On Triple......

Filipaina moved to Sydney in 1980, joining the Balmain Tigers. He spent five seasons at the club, playing in 77 games and ammasing 225 points. After a one year spell at the Eastern Suburbs Roosters in 1985 Filipaina played for two years with the North Sydney Bears. During his time in the NSWRL Premiership Filipaina claims he suffered from racial abuse and sledging.[2]
    In 1990, he captained Ryde-Eastwood to victory in the inaugural Metropolitan Cup final.[3]
    I have a mate whom was playing fullback against Olsen in the Manly Rugby League comp and said that Olsen made a bust with him to beat. He said he did the biggest Fijian traffic cop to him waving him through to the tryline.

VVV - this import fee has pressed a few serious buttons, but don't hit the detonator about my beloveds........

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Let's drag ourselves back to harness racing in this thread. Zillions of other Rugby League and Union forums to talk about that............. Yawn :-(

Watching Smoken Up last night , watching some league match , no comparison.

Just being light-hearted with my comments , I'm a fanatic Sydney Swans man myself :-)

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Another point that annoys me is the lack of bookmakers at the trots. Country tracks in vic have one or none, Melton has 3 or 4 . I remember 20 odd years ago at Moonee Valley they would have 20 or more bookies. Even the country tracks would have around 10. I know times have changed but I miss the betting ring and watching a plunge take place .
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Another point that annoys me is the lack of bookmakers at the trots. Country tracks in vic have one or none, Melton has 3 or 4 . I remember 20 odd years ago at Moonee Valley they would have 20 or more bookies. Even the country tracks would have around 10. I know times have changed but I miss the betting ring and watching a plunge take place .
    I'll give it a couple of years and there will be no on-course bookmakers anywhere. I remember many years ago you could hardly move around the bookmarker stands , but as you said the world of betting has changed irrevocably whether we like it or not . Whether it is good for punters or not there is really nothing we can do but just "go with the flow" :-(

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Sky channel annoy me the way they treat the trots, we always seem to be the last priority. And they only show the odds just before race start. They need one channel for each code trots/dogs/gallops.
    Don't die wondering !

Member Gelding gregcattell is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    greg cattell
    Occupation
    stockman

harness racing -things that annoy you most

T.A.B. clubs racing for restricted prize money

+ Reply to Thread