Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness whip rules

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    can anyone out there give me a personal profile on this geoff want.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Personally I think that the only way that we could create any public interest in harness racing is if the drivers could look allot more like this .
    Could you imagine this photo without the whip . How boring !!!

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Is this not an easy issue to fix? The main issue is the appearance of abuse. So why muck around continuing with fines for whip infringements? Fines obviously aren't working, drivers are happy to cop a fine if they are still winning races!

So how about a simple system of suspensions, 2 weeks for the first offence, 4 weeks for the 2nd offence, 8 weeks for the third offence, 16 weeks for the fourth offence and so on. If drivers can't get the message then you are removing them from the public eye for longer periods thereby fixing up the image that is being presented.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Totally agree with you & its a good idea. Whats going to happen to all of those horses that won't finish off as good as they normally would without a tap up or smack. I believe they will have to retire but I think I know what could really happen to them.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think the reasoning behind it is that they believe the younger generations are more sensitive to the issue of cruelty to animals.
    Yes, I know what the ultimate cruelty is but you cannot use that argument or else we will be walking the perilous path that the dogs do
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    This subject will run its course. I find it a joke. I'm going back to back to the dungeon for a beating . hahaha.
    Does anyone really believe the whip thing will save the industry. Doubt it. There won't be any horses to whip!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am happy for the administrators to try everything under the sun as this part of MG's article is the real worry as Trish suggests in post 46

"sent shockwaves through the small but uber passionate harness racing fraternity".
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    patricia ilsley

Member Filly codywinnell will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Cody Winnell
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Very good. Canvassing professional opinions; take out the over emotion, think rationally, think progressively and what do you get? Often those are key ingredients to common sense.

+ Reply to Thread