Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xenon and Argon

Member Filly kung fu man will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    warren tuckwell

Xenon and Argon

This is from Wikipedia I wonder if there is still no way of testing for them if that's the case here we go again! I know there are rumours going around that its being used.
    Doping[edit]

Inhaling a xenon/oxygen mixture activates production of the transcription factor HIF-1-alpha, which leads to increased production of erythropoietin. The latter hormone is known to increase red blood cell production and athletes' performance. Xenon inhalation has been used for this purpose in Russia since at least 2004.[155] On August 31 2014 the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) added Xenon (and Argon) to the list of prohibited substances and methods, although at this time there is no reliable drug test.[156]

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    These are gases used for double glazed windows along with krypton (sounds like something Superman would want to steer clear of )
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    And as fuel in ion thrusters in some spacecraft maybe that's why horses on it go like rockets lol

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    The authorities are very well aware of these - rumoured to have been around for almost 2 years. HRNSW even put a press release out a few months back regarding Xenon

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    And most critically, It's lethal. Argon by itself is not very hard to source, It's commonly used in the Aluminium and Stainless steel welding market and also the main ingredient with welding gases, But Xenon, That's a whole different ball game, It's a rare and expensive gas that is imported from overseas and also leaves a massive paper trail, I'm pretty sure our company has some stored away for the very expensive speciality gas market but it is not just left around idle waiting for someone to come in off the street and purchase over the counter and it's the same with all of the bigger gas company's, There are massive government fines etc and loss of licence if you don't keep these types of things stored away correctly or try to sell them without any documentation, I wouldn't put it past some unscrupulous operator shipping it in from overseas but there's a lot of government paperwork, Permits, Qualifications and licencing that must be in place and anybody caught redhanded without this would be looking at a stretch behind bars.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks for digging that out Harvey.
    You have to be impressed with HRNSW
    Warren, it would seem that that Wiki extract needs up-dating
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Excellent Harvey, More than likely being sent to Linde AG, My old company before Westerfarmers purchased our part of the business, They are incredibly switched on and there would be a very good chance of tracing it to the source if required.

Real Name
    warren tuckwell
    Yes I do remember reading that so I was wondering why it had all gone quiet and zero positives

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would be nice to think that any tempted were put off
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread