Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Horsham Cup this Sunday Jan 10

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Horsham Cup this Sunday Jan 10

A bit of a twilight meeting with the actual cup not until 6.07pm
    A sunny day in the mid 30's is expected
    $70k is bloody good money. I reckon you may have got the same field for half that but half the field is grand circuit quality so maybe not.
    The trotters cup is for $20k

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...&fromstate=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Yes, it is good money but about par for a group 2 race, the Ballarat cup is $120,000 Group 1 and the SA Pacing Cup Group 1 is $100,000. The Horsham cup field actually looks a bit stronger to me at first look especially as there are a couple of M0's in the SA cup field but I could easily be corrected on that.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You're right Pat, I suppose it is simply my bias toward Stawell - thinking of it as more of a harness centre than Horsham even though Horsham has the population. When you get Gp2 status for your cup you are not going to give it up but I wouldn't mind seeing Horsham put some money aside to develop a dining facility - in this day and age I think the lack of one is pretty ordinary. Being a Pokies joint one would almost have expected it to be a given
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Unfortunate (moreso for Adelaide) that the Horsham and SA Cup races fall on the same weekend - there are 51 other weekends in the year after all!

And the Mount Gambier meeting run two nights later which suffered with entries.

Here is a chance to reminisce - the last Horsham Cup run at night on the old Showgrounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXNRgh1W8Oo

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    The last Horsham Cup at the Showgrounds...That's a good one Kyle.
    Who was the race-caller?

In the shake-up of cup dates caused by the Miracle Mile and Interdominion date changes, the original date for the Petstock Bendigo Cup would have been the same night as the SA Cup.
    February 13 looks to be a much better date for Bendigo's Cup. Good that BHRC agreed to the change.
    Last edited by Adaptor; 01-08-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    The planning does not seem brilliant, as Amlin pointed out the obvious, there are plenty of other weekends that could have been used for the cup races and the fields would be stronger most probably bringing in a bigger crowd and more money into the clubs pockets.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    The planning does not seem brilliant, as Amlin pointed out the obvious, there are plenty of other weekends that could have been used for the cup races and the fields would be stronger most probably bringing in a bigger crowd and more money into the clubs pockets.

You should be on one of the boards Pat!

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Kyle, I have made my thoughts clear to some of the people running the show/s but some are still stuck in the old days and ways and have the hearing aids turned off. Having said that, some of the clubs are very progressive and do set things up right and do try to get a good crowd in. But if you don't plan properly you don't make money and we know what happens after that. Kevin has clearly highlighted one way to bring customers in, we might have to get him onto a board if he isn't already on one.

Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Kyle, I have made my thoughts clear to some of the people running the show/s but some are still stuck in the old days and ways and have the hearing aids turned off. Having said that, some of the clubs are very progressive and do set things up right and do try to get a good crowd in. But if you don't plan properly you don't make money and we know what happens after that. Kevin has clearly highlighted one way to bring customers in, we might have to get him onto a board if he isn't already on one.

Having been on a country club committee for 13 years I know exactly what you mean!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is the Kyle's of this industry that will hopefully get the chance to make a difference Pat. Kyle's club Warragul is one of the most progressive around - despite being in the neglected Eastern half of the state
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread