Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: European pedigrees

Member Yearling papagayo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sturla Pettersen

European pedigrees

I was recommended by an Australian friend with whom I discuss quite a bit of pedigree related things on Facebook to post a link to Sophia Pedigrees where you can find most European and North American trotter and pacers with updated career data. Very few NZ and Australian horses are in there because there is no agreement with these associations for information exchange

Anybody can use www.sophiapedigrees.com and it is free to use

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thank you Papagayo. It will be a valuable tool for European and US horses.

What I like the most is
    • the six generation pedigrees our best resource for O/S horses in Aust only provides 4
    • the test mating capability

What could have been the best thing about it is the ability to 'download the pedigree as a Picture File'
    as this allows you to save/print/send the pedigree in a coloured table unlike what most others provide
    BUT it is somewhat spoilt for me by the best coloring option being 'repeat occurences' which results in too much blocking/fill and blocking over blocking. Using 'latest duplication' instead would be much neater and better in my opinion. As it is now I would probably opt for No Coloring

I have included a snip using a different program from yours to show how I think the coloring could look neater with 'only the latest duplication with color' fill which results in less blocking.

Readers, please note that the pictures are not as clear as they appear on the programs. If I was emailing Papagayo's to somebody it would look much clearer than what is shown below (the first one)

Thanks again Papagayo (and I am guessing Richard)

ps The other link on your website www.sophiastallions.com does not work
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-11-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have left this thread in the Australian forum even though it would seem a perfect thread for the Europe Harness Racing forum as I think the OP Sturla wanted to share a resource link with Australians who may have an interest in Europe (and the US). However if you go to the Europe forum you will see another thread with a link to Prix d' Amerique - when you bring up the linked site, click on the categories under The Event tab - it looks pretty exciting stuff. Robert posted the thread a couple of weeks ago but it has been hidden, so there is now only 17 days till it happens.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread