Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tabtouch WA Pacing Cup

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Maybe that is one of the advantages of having multiple runners from the one stable.
    If Joan of Arc does not have that crack and Devendra goes on to an all the way win we would probably not be wrapping the race
    Hi Kevin, you are right about multiple runners and there was no way the Hall stable was going to allow Devendra to dawdle along in front like he was. Devendra was out muscled and out-sprinted by a very good horse in My Hard Copy.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    In my observation in interviews I'm finding James Rattray somewhat smug and cocky and there is nothing I like more than to see these types brought down a peg or two.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    He is probably just young Rod - something many of us would love to be again. I just barked savagely at a young fella hooning on an electric bike on a shared pathway - he probably deserved a rebuke but it was only ever going to come from a grumpy old man (like me).
    I notice the Harnesslink article below is quick to dismiss Clinton's misdemeanours as 'youth having got the better of experience'. How old is/was Clinton?
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...-WA-Pacing-Cup
    Please do not think me anti-WA for raising this - it is that I am so anti-cheats and can never get over how accepting we are of them. No doubt the suspended Essendon footballers were always going to get paid for not playing next year (suing their club would have ensured so) but it amuses me that nobody has questioned that they should effectively be on paid leave, it is just a given

ps Here is hoping we can get more harness enthusiasts from WA on our forum, more from any ^&%$! where (excuse me - it is the old man rearing up again )
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Correct Rod, the Hall stable always has at least 2 very good runners in each race and 2 top drivers in the Hall brothers so no way in the Wide bay are they going to let another horse beat them unless it is exceptional. Both drivers are good at sitting in the death-effectively controlling the race and then letting the stablemate swooper come around them in the home straight and take the bikkies. A very good tactic carried out by experts. Add the odd sprint during a race by another of the runners to break the race up or flush something out and the Master plan is carried out to perfection. Devendra would have to have equaled the great Washakie in 2010 for an all the way win from the pole and at a longer distance, so it was a great effort.
    Pleasing to see Jason Rulz finally get in the money.

+ Reply to Thread