Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broodmare excellence award

Member Yearling papagayo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sturla Pettersen

Broodmare excellence award

In the article http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Cull...-draws-comment one of the paragraphs were "It would be hard to find fault with the pedigree page when you have the Broodmare Excellence award winner Tuapeka Star close up like she is."

What is the Broodmare Excellence award? Is it similar to the Elite broodmare awards that the Scandinavian associations hand out?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes Sturla, Very similar, Tuapeka Star was the 1997 Broodmare of the Year and very influential, You can read more details on Classic Families.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-24-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Real Name
    Sturla Pettersen
    Is there a list available anywhere?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes on Classic Families Sturla, Punch in Tuapeka Star then go to History on the top right, Then click on NZ Broodmare of the Year and the full list will come up, Please let me know if it's similar to the Scandinavian system, If you can't find it, Please send me your email by PM and I will forward it.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-24-2016 at 08:46 AM.

Real Name
    Sturla Pettersen
    You have my e-mail But no worries, I found it

They seem to award this to one broodmare per year and I see Interchange has won it several times.

The Scandinavian system is that it is a lifetime award based on overall production and requires several good foals. One example is Sweetpike, http://www.sophiapedigrees.com/search/5733/standard/

Member Gelding EuroTrot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mario Vinci

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Of cause, Sorry Sturla, Still a little early for me and I need another coffee lol, Yes it's very similar but your Sophia Pedigrees site is far superior(To our HRA site) and shows the Broodmare's production line with more detail.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-24-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    [QUOTE=EuroTrot;45631][COLOR=Black]NZ Broodmare of the Year
    http://www.classicfamilies.net/CF/El...aspx?ListID=21
    Excellent work Robert, Thank you

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    There's a Classic example, Scuse Me the 2 time winner, Please have a look at her offspring and what her daughters have produced, IMHO this is the No1 family in the Southern Hemisphere at present in the Pacing ranks.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 01-24-2016 at 09:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread