Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cost of training a trotter in Victoria

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell

Cost of training a trotter in Victoria

Friend of mine has a promising 3yo trotter and like to knw what the average training fees will be in Vic
    Can anyone help

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Come on guys surely someone has a clue what it costs now to train a trotter in Victoria.

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Come on guys surely someone has a clue what it costs now to train a trotter in Victoria.
    andy gath was charging my brother $270 a week 4yrs ago without extras [shoeing,vets,floating etc].i would think it would be a lot more now.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    There would be many factors involved (location, depending how much you get service wise with access to vets, massage, different therapies - meaning some trainers use these things others don't I imagine)

Will try and find out from around my region if that helps.

Member Yearling Jimbob will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Wyborn
    Occupation
    Business Owner
    Horses
    Margaret Jean,Tascott Lady
    Id say between $1000-$1500 per month plus expenses

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Sent you a private message Barney

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge

Training Fees

We are looking to set up a syndicate to lease pacers and race them (if they are good enough).
    We are budgeting between $200 -$300 a week based on $40 a day for training fee.
    Shoes are approx $$80- $100 every 3 weeks or so, and add racing costs such as transport, driver fee, race entry fee to get an approximation.
    Unexpected vet expenses need to be considered. You may be asked to proved gear and rug, although some trainers rent these, or don't charge.

Real Name
    brian campbell
    Thanks for that costs seem high compared to returns avaialble unless horse is metro class.This horse i mentioned is.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Thanks for that costs seem high compared to returns avaialble unless horse is metro class.This horse i mentioned is.
    Because harness racing is not an investment.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So true Brendan - it is a dream and has to be a passion. This being so, the industry really has to give owners special treatment and assist/educate trainers to do so too - you would think it a given that trainers would appreciate/spoil their owners but I do not believe it to be so. You would also think that owners would 'vote with their feet' but the vast majority of people are too accepting. Very few people speak up in a restaurant about an unsatisfactory meal but generally do not go back, it is a bit trickier to change trainers
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread