Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hunter's Cup

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Hunter's Cup

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...romstate=vic#8

It just doesn't look like the field for a $.5m race IMO
    Unfortunately the defending champ is injured and it needs one of the big 2 and maybe a couple of Western Australians - is Jason Rulz officially one now (he got a WA draw )

A great card of racing mind you
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I thought the same thing Kev! Mind you, there are horses in that field that are extremely high quality, & could be dethroning the current best of the best.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    True Ev, it is still the first half of the season and we have a couple of 5&6yo's there - even WA hope My Hard Copy is still just 6
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Not really a betting proposition for mine. Ohoka Punter fans will cite the draw and his form as good reason for backing him but not sure I could take $3 when Smolda is the superior horse. Not sure I could back Smolda at $3 either drawn outside Punter and being a SS. Unless they duel themselves out of it the winner should come from them two (do I get a gig in the media for that...pointing out two $3 faves have the race between them?)

I think for fans of Franco Ledger, My Hard Copy and Yankee Rockstar there is value the place. But given the two favourites should place finding the right one of these three to back is difficult.

Going to be hard from there draws and I can't see it but Flaming Flutter and Corzin Terror fans get reasonable place odds.

The only betting proposition I really see is in laying Messini and Mossdale Connor. I couldn't bring myself to do it because they were both huge last week. But they will have to be huge - perhaps more huge this week. Hunter Cup is stacked with peg markers running a place and Messini and Mossdale Connor will be giving away better runs to Franco Ledger, My Hard Copy and Yankee Rockstar if all goes to plan (and I've read the race right - I don't know what Halls think but risking 4 or even 5 pegs better option than coming wide I reckon, and they should be trying to find pegs with Yankee Rockstar).

The other four are nice horses but couldn't see them doing anything like an Arden Rooney.

+ Reply to Thread