Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: American Jewel & Romantic Moment

triplev123

American Jewel & Romantic Moment

Just received and watched a couple of Mpg replays of two American Ideal fillies qualifying at The Meadowlands, American Jewel went in 1:54 & Romantic Moment in 1:55 & a piece. VERY impressive. Jimmy Takter has got them both I believe.

triplev123
    American Jewel wins first up in 1:52.3, 10k 2yo fillies race at The Meadowlands.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

Just watched the replay, American Jewel seemed to do it so easy and it looks like J Takter and Brittany Farms have a nice filly on there hands.

triplev123
    She's the filly I mentioned the other day, the one that qualified so impressively at The Meadowlands & the one that's bred thrice to K Nora...family over family over family. Can scoot. Looked like The Bionic Man was just along for the ride.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Yeah there's a few people who have sent Life Sign mare's to American Ideal for that cross, even Uncle Bob.

triplev123
    Very astute is Uncle Bob.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    When i was with him early April talking mare's/stallion's and breeding i noticed he had sent 6 mare's to him and a couple of them were Life Sign mare's. He said he really liked the stallion but also thought that the Life Sign/American Ideal cross should work really good. I suppose only time will tell.

triplev123
    Having just returned to the land of the living by way of a shower, a couple of Neurofen and a bucket of Berocca...something has just occurred to me.
    How's anyone going to reasonably apportion any success that American Ideal may have down here when he's bred to Life Sign mares as being the result of a further dose of K Nora...when American Ideal was a high speed horse that is siring the same...and Life Sign was a bit of a grinder that has similarly sired in his own image?
    It could be just as easily the result of putting point to point high speed over mares by a sire who's progeny have tended to lacked exactly that.
    With a lot of these things there's the ostensible reason why they're successful & then there's the actual reason. Sometimes they're not too far apart...other times they're divided by wide open expanses.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Of the 6 yearlings I have broken in so far this season, the pick is a American Ideal out of a In The Pocket mare whose name escapes me at the moment but he was bred in the North Island. A very athletic guy whose gait will take him through the first few grades.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Don

Thanks for letting us know, if and when this horse races next year feel free to let us know so we can take a look at him. Of the top of my head and i could be wrong as it's to early to be thinking on a sunday morning but that colt would be bred on a 4x3 Direct Scooter cross, i'll duck into to work to collect my apperance fee and take a look when i get home.

+ Reply to Thread