Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Driving Style

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin

Driving Style

I am a little confused with this American Style driving of leaning way back in the gig. It is my understanding that drivers must remain within the confines of the gig. That said, I pose this question, in today's $200,000 Ladyship Mile won by Frith was the 2nd horse inconvenienced when pulling off Frith's back well in the straight with Frith's driver leaning back out of the gig by as much as 1 metre. Ok, Frith won by 1.3 metres but what would or could have happened if the margin was a head or neck. Is this grounds for a protest?
    Or have the rules changed to allow this style.
    Check it out http://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au.../replays/23635

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    he has been chatted about the style on a number of occasions Bailey, on the grounds of being outside the confines of the sulky. and I reckon the protest may have had some legs, because Willow would no doubt have got clear earlier, how much earlier is debatable, but having said that Mark and Nat nearly cleaned up the program anyhow.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    he has been chatted about the style on a number of occasions Bailey, on the grounds of being outside the confines of the sulky. and I reckon the protest may have had some legs, because Willow would no doubt have got clear earlier, how much earlier is debatable, but having said that Mark and Nat nearly cleaned up the program anyhow.
    Yeah spot on Dan, no mention in the stewards report for the Ladyship Mile other than Willow held up from the 300, I think if you look closely Willow has its head alongside the the leader,s driver around the 250m but had to retrain to clear it before getting going again.
    Notice he was fined $200 in the last for outside the confines of the sulky plus whip outside the confines reprimand.
    Mark and Nat's horses sensational with Mark the first trainer to earn $1 million in NSW this season. 19 starters 13 winners

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    13/19 at Gp level - is he that much better than all the rest?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    After having a good look at the yearling sale results I think we all better get used to this,some exceptional stock heading to allstars.scary thought that they can get even stronger.
    As a harness racing tragic I love seeing these spectacular equine athletes perform at their best,very exciting!!
    Have faith in me has to be a freak.

+ Reply to Thread